Fulfill a management role within the company by assessing various operational requirements for successful event execution and delivering same. Contribute to a superior guest experience by managing the development, implementation and evaluation of systems and processes for facility event activity pertaining to Event Operations, Guest Services and Route 66 Track Operations.
Company Conformance Statements
In performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Fulfill functions with established budgets.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Carry out manager responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the face of Guest Services, leading all training and informational presentations for full time, seasonal, and event staff. This includes attending and participating in the ISC Guest Services Summit, travel to selected NASCAR events as requested, and other educational opportunities for continued professional development.
- Manage all aspects of the Event Credential/Access Control process and Employee I.D. program.
o Develop, maintain and distribute Event Credentials and Employee ID Badges ensuring adherence to all BU and ISC Corporate policies and procedures.
o Provide pre-event reports for approval by department director and BU President.
o Provide daily reports post-event for all credential activity.
o Maintain accurate records of all credential activity for all BU events.
o Lead all training sessions regarding credential access and control.
- Manage the recruitment of all non-profit group event staff required to support all BU departmental needs relative to all major and ancillary events.
o Maintain an up-to-date roster of active groups, including departments supported, job descriptions, payment history, infractions/incidents and performance history.
o Actively recruit new/additional groups for future opportunities, maintaining a strong “bench” of potential groups.
- Manage the recruitment of seasonal and event staff to support Event Operations, including Guest Services, Security and Route 66 Track Operations.
o Assist in the review of applications, interviewing and hiring of Event Operations and Guest Services staff.
- Event-time supervision over Event Operations and Guest Services non-profit groups and event staff as assigned.
- Assign and manage work, evaluate performance and address and resolve all Event Operations and Guest Services staff issues.
- Develop, coordinate and lead all major event training seminars for Event Operations, Guest Services and all BU event staff as needed.
- Manage ABI staffing for Event Operations and Guest Services.
- Develop and implement all Standard Operating Procedures and Post Orders to include the following positions, but not limited to:
o ADA Shuttle Carts
o Information Booths
o Guest Trams/Shuttles
o R.O.A.D.M.A.P. Program
o Lost & Found
o Camping Ambassadors
o Employee Fueling Stations
o Elevator Attendants
o Fan Greeters
o Gate Operations
o Event Dispatch
- Responsible for the review and investigation of incident reports and follow-up of Event Operations and Guest Service related issues.
- Oversee ISS 24/7 incident tracking system conducting regular analysis of event data. Identify trends and opportunities to enhance guest experience.
- Manage and approve all administrative responsibilities and tasks associated with the Guest Services including, but not limited to:
o WebNow invoicing and expense report processing
o Monthly Accruals and Forecasting
o Organization and execution of assigned Vendor and Volunteer Group contracts, ensuring all requisite steps have been followed via ISC Corporate Legal Portal.
o CertFocus review and management
o Departmental supply inventorying and tracking
- Manage the administration and continued elevation of the R.O.A.D.M.A.P. to Guest Services Program and lead all training and presentations as needed.
- Serve as member of the Chicagoland Speedway/Route 66 Raceway Event Planning Team, which is responsible for event preparation and evaluation during the race season, and the development, evaluation and adjustment of current policies, procedures and management of event operations to enhance guest experience.
- Delivery of services within budget.
- Timeliness of delivery of services.
- Completion and fulfillment of assigned projects.
- GEM Survey results.
- Employee Engagement Survey results.
- Proper adherence to legal and risk management policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) and/or 3 - 5 years of work experience in the outdoor entertainment/event production industry.
- Experience with accounts payable, payroll processing, financial reporting and budgeting.
- Excellent communication and time management skills with friendly and professional demeanor.
- Must be able to work in a team environment interacting with multiple departments.
- Must be well organized with attention to detail.
- Must possess a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic.
Usual office working conditions. Occasional evening and weekend hours are required. Some work required in outdoor conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities, duties and functions. Position may require travel as requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.