Guest Services Gate Ambassadors are an important part of the Chicagoland Speedway Experience. Members work at Admission Gates, Tunnels, or the Infield Crossover Gate depending on qualifications and interest. Each area is responsible for bringing our Guests an unforgettable racing experience.
Responsibilities at the Admission Gates:
· Properly scanning each Guests ticket for valid access into the facility.
· Properly checking each Guests credential for valid access into the facility.
· Checking vehicles for valid access into the facility at corresponding vehicle entry points.
· Assisting Guests with accurate directions and any other assistance on property.
· All other duties assigned.
Responsibilities at the Tunnels/Crossover Gate:
· Checking each vehicle for valid access into the infield.
· Checking each RV for any items that are prohibited from entrance into the infield campgrounds.
· Checking each Person’s Ticket or Credential for valid access into the infield.
· All other duties assigned
· Must be friendly, enthusiastic, and personable
· Customer service experience preferred
· Strong communication skills
· Must learn quickly and be trainable
· Ability to work in a faced paced & high stress environment
· Ability to be on feet for extended periods of time (8-12 hours)
· Ability to work outside in variable seasonal weather conditions
· Ability to work with others and take direction
· Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as assigned
· Must follow dress code and have a clean, presentable appearance at all times.
Gate Ambassadors are ONLY a seasonal/temporary event based position. Main events run May, through July with possible smaller events throughout the year. Shift length: 8-12 hours depending on specific event needs and event conditions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.