The Event Operations & Guest Services Staff will gain valuable experience and knowledge of the inner workings of the Sports & Entertainment industry, while supporting the event operations process at Chicagoland Speedway & Route 66 Raceway.
The Event Operations & Guest Services Department is seeking candidates who are self-starting and able to multitask in a fast paced changing environment. Candidates who are looking to gain a working knowledge of the operational aspects of a Motorsports Complex, containing 3 racing surfaces running multiple events a year to include NASCAR racing, NHRA Nationals drag racing, Track Rentals, and daily operations of our facilities.
This staff member will help with the development and streamlining processes associated with event operations and guest services, including areas of:
- event safety and security
- ingress and egress traffic flow and on-site parking,
- credential and ticketing services,
- admission gate operations,
- stadium ushers,
- ADA service and compliance,
- information stations,
- elevator attendants and fan greeters,
- guest shuttles and tram services,
- drive owner coach lot and
- event day dispatch services.
- assist with other duties assigned by the Senior Manager, Event Operations & Guest Services or Director of Event Operations
As part of this role you will learn how these activities affect the overall event execution for an event.
Applicants need to have computer knowledge of Microsoft Suite of applications required, data entry will be a part of the daily activities. Good communication skills required by phone and email to communicate incoming requests to our operational team.
Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week plus all Major events held on MAY 31-JUNE 3 & JUNE 28-JULY 1 .
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Attention to detail and excellent customer service skills are required
- Comfort to work in a fast paced and high energy environment. Prior Special Events or Motorsports experience preferred
- The ability to respond quickly, calmly, and professionally to event-related problems and emergencies
- Enthusiastic about learning about the sports industry
- High school or equivalent education required, a college degree preferred
Potential hires must pass the necessary background check to be considered for employment. Weekend and evening hours are required during events. Indoor and outdoor conditions may be applicable. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities, duties, and functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.