Job Description Overview: Responsible for the preparation, storage, and execution of all hot and cold food items per standardized recipes and pictures given by the assigned supervisor. Prep Cooks will follow the guidelines set up by the serv safe training to ensure safety and consistency. Will follow the established uniform policy and standards.
Detailed Role and Responsibilities
- Report to Lead supervisor who is assigned at the beginning of each day to go over game plan and food production
- Must complete the serv safe sanitation program and adhere to all guidelines set forth
- Follow all HACCP Guidelines set forth by Americrown
- Follow the direct supervisors lead in following Safety guidelines set forth by Americrown Safety Committee
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage
- Prepare a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables, desserts, according to supervisor’s instructions, following approved procedures
- Weigh or measure ingredients according to recipes given by supervisors
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving
- Mix ingredients for green salads,fruit salads, vegetable salads, and pasta salads
- Make special dressings and sauces as condiments for sandwiches
- Cut, slice or grind meat, poultry, and seafood to prepare for cooking
- Use manual or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods
- Inform supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low, and order needed items
ISC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.