POSITION TITLE: Tent Crew
DEPARTMENT: Client Services
REPORTSTO: Director of Client Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt, Seasonal
DURATION: Month of May, September (1 weekend)
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the worldwide leader in motorsports entertainment and the largest spectator sporting facility in the world. The INDYCAR Series offers its lineup of drivers the most diverse challenges in motorsports; featuring racing at a combination of superspeedways, short ovals, road courses and street circuits. However, we are also about people. A talented staff with diverse skills that are used to the fullest in order to stage the world's great motor racing events.
Employees at both IMS and INDYCAR are challenged daily to excel in an environment featuring a pace that matches the high speed of the machines that race at our famous facility and in our series. Working for us is a demanding, yet rewarding, endeavor for dedicated professionals who want to reach their ultimate potential amid the excitement, tradition and pageantry of the World’s Greatest Race Course and our premier open-wheel racing series.
The tent crew position is a part of the Client Services team who specifically focuses on set-up and tear down of event venues during May and a weekend in September.
- Assist with moving all furniture between different venues during events.
- Tent crew will be responsible for completing daily set-up and tear down tasks as assigned.
- Tent crew will work on the grounds during events.
- With the Director of Client Services and Client Services team, help provide support for all IMS activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university is preferred.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the company and our vision, mission and values.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to working on a team. Innovative thinker and self-starter. High integrity and confidentiality.
- Effective leadership and communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a role that requires organizational skills, as well as initiative and flexibility.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- No travel.
- Required ability to work evenings and weekends during event season. Main work hours will be:
- Candidate must be able to work overtime and event weekends as needed.
Any physical demands described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.