POSITION TITLE: Suite Concierge
DEPARTMENT: Premium Services
REPORTS TO: Director, Client Services
POSITION LOCATION: Indianapolis
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt, Seasonal
DURATION: 2018 Month of May, 1 weekend in September
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the worldwide leader in motorsports entertainment and the largest spectator sporting facility in the world. The INDYCAR Series offers its lineup of drivers the most diverse challenges in motorsports; featuring racing at a combination of superspeedways, short ovals, road courses and street circuits. However, we are also about people. A talented staff with diverse skills that are used to the fullest in order to stage the world's great motor racing events.
Employees at both IMS and INDYCAR are challenged daily to excel in an environment featuring a pace that matches the high speed of the machines that race at our famous facility and in our series. Working for us is a demanding, yet rewarding, endeavor for dedicated professionals who want to reach their ultimate potential amid the excitement, tradition and pageantry of the World’s Greatest Race Course and our premier open-wheel racing series.
The concierge will work directly with the Client Services team to represent the department and to help streamline questions and provide responses to IMS suite and hospitality clients during event time.
- The concierge will be held responsible to manage a specific suite or hospitality location and will report daily to the team any issues or problems that arise.
- The concierge will work on IMS grounds during events and may at times be stationed in the office to field calls.
- With the Director of Client Services and Client Services team, the concierge help provide support for all IMS activities.
- Develop and maintain outstanding working relationships with corporate clients, sponsors, drivers, teams, general public, international media (print and electronic), and provide outstanding customer service to all patrons of the Client Services office and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor(s).
- Staff will be asked to arrive at least 1 hour prior to public gate opening each assigned day and report to the Client Service office prior to heading to assigned area.
- Staff will continually walk the suite levels to help provide answers and quick responses to the suite holders, managers and/or guests.
- Staff will assist clients with handling of IMS Multiple Release Form.
- Staff will be in constant communication via phone/text with CS Staff to keep updated on any and all problems/situations that may arise.
- Staff will have a “daily log” placed within their binder and log all the problems/situations they encounter each day.
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university is preferred.
- Previous office experience preferred.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Innovative thinker and self-starter.
- High integrity and confidentiality.
- Effective leadership and communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a role that requires clerical and organizational skills, as well as initiative and flexibility.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the company and our vision, mission and values.
- No travel.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends & holidays during event season is required.
- Required Work availability:
- Training TBD (Late April/Early May- flexible depending on schedule)
- May 11-12 (IndyCar Grand Prix)
- May 15-21, 25-27 (Indianapolis 500 Mile Race) Preferred (but not required) additional availability
- September 7-9 (NASCAR Brickyard 400) Other dates as determined appropriate
- Candidate must be able to work overtime as needed.
Any physical demands described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.