Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.JOB SUMMARY
The Senior Manager / Director International Tax has a visible role, working closely with the VP to identify, develop, and implement tax structures that align with business strategies. The position will oversee international aspects of US tax compliance and be responsible for ensuring local country tax compliance in Europe, Latin America, Asia, and the Middle East. This includes US foreign and local country income tax compliance and planning, local country indirect tax compliance (VAT/GST, etc.), transfer pricing, local country payroll, etc. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Local Country Income Tax Compliance – work closely with local country external tax providers to ensure accurate and timely compliance with local country laws; oversee extension and estimated payment calculations; oversee annual tax provision workbooks; review work papers; review tax return packages, including associated schedules, forms, and statements, to be e-filed and mailed; ensure proper documentation of the Company’s filing methodologies and positions; accounting related to deferred foreign withholding taxes; and assist with local country income related projects as needed.
US Foreign Income Tax Compliance – manage US federal international compliance including review international tax returns (Forms 1118, 5471, 8858, 8865, 8991, 8992, etc.); prepare or review annual tax provision workbooks; work closely with accounting and financial statement auditors during the preparation of the US GAAP financial statements for private companies; analyze treaties to determine applicability and rates of withholding taxes; determine creditability of foreign taxes for US foreign tax credit purposes; prepare tax provision memos; perform Valuation Allowance analysis; accounting for undistributed earnings of foreign subsidiaries; maintaining net operating loss balances for foreign subsidiaries, including documenting carryforward periods, taxable income limitations, etc.; review footnote disclosures within the financial statements; manage permanent establishment risk; and assist with US foreign income tax compliance projects as needed.
Indirect Tax Compliance (VAT, GST / HST, etc.) – review workbooks, file returns prepared internally, review returns prepared externally by external providers; resolve and respond to correspondence from tax authorities; assist with government tax audits and private tax audits; assist with inquiries from external parties (vendors, etc.); reconcile general ledger accounts; assist with indirect tax projects as needed; etc.
Transfer Pricing – refine, implement, and maintain all aspects of operational transfer pricing requirements including gathering data, performing calculations, properly documenting the Company’s transfer pricing policies, procedures, methodologies, and positions for intercompany transactions; review transfer pricing reports, including benchmarks prepared by tax providers; work closely with accounting on intercompany transactions; review intercompany agreements and intercompany transaction data; prepare and plan for future compliance with CBC and/or Pillar II reporting; and assist with transfer pricing projects as needed.
Local Country Touring Payroll Tax – manage local country touring payroll; finding local country tax providers; researching payroll withholding exemption thresholds, and rates for touring employees; manage payroll withholding and reporting compliance; and assist with touring payroll projects as needed.
Corporate Support – assisting and advising accounting, finance, legal, treasury, and various internal and external business teams; assisting treasury with cash management and cash taxes paid for debt covenant disclosures; assisting legal with local country entity compliance; assisting payroll with local country payroll issues; assisting with corporate business projects as needed.
- Keep up to date on current tax practices, technical issues, and changes in tax law to perform ongoing monthly review and analysis of all tax-related transactions and liabilities in the general ledger to ensure proper tax reporting of income, expenses, assets, and liabilities.
- Actively participate in planning, automating, and decision-making to ensure ongoing process improvement.
- Perform complex tax research, assist with tax planning analysis, and draft memos.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Master’s Degree in Taxation (MST) strongly preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or candidate preferred
- Juris Doctorate (JD) license or Master of Tax Laws (LLM) preferred, not required
- 10-20 years of prior tax experience including federal and international tax compliance in a public accounting firm or medium to large size company with multiple subsidiaries. Prior experience with multiple local country direct and indirect tax returns a plus. Knowledge of corporate taxation is a plus. Understanding of ASC 740 and tax accounting is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Windows, and Adobe required.
- Experience with ERP software, tax provision software (OneSource Tax Provision), and tax return preparation software (CorpTax) preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) are required.
- Must be positive, professional, ethical, honest, and trustworthy. Must have the ability to work closely with others and collaborate in a team environment.
- Must have strong organizational skills, be attentive to detail, be a self-starter, and be open to innovation and process improvements.
- Must be able to perform in a deadline-driven environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.