Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore and Sao Paulo.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy,delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
This position is responsible for leading in the management of UFC’s residential PPV business, which spans the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. The role is based at company headquarters in Las Vegas, Nevada. As a senior leader on the residential PPV business, this role requires the employee to act as the primary liaison between the UFC and traditional cable and satellite PPV partners (DirecTV, DISH and iNDEMAND in the US; Shaw, Bell, Rogers, Sasktel and Videotron in Canada; Foxtel and Fetch in Australia; SkyTV in New Zealand), working with each to define business forecasts and budgets, to design revenue generating product initiatives, and to create and implement marketing programs to bolster awareness and create demand. The role requires the employee to work on a team within a matrix organization, covering the department’s strategy and analysis, finance and accounting, marketing and partner relationship needs. The role is responsible for working with internal stakeholders to define department strategy and to create the PPV business plan; for negotiating distribution contracts with PPV providers, and for delivering quarterly reporting to senior management team (including COO, CFO and SVP International) Additionally, this position will have a contributing role to UFC’s other PPV business lines – the Commercial PPV business (bars and restaurants) and Digital PPV business (digital platforms such as Amazon, YouTube, Sony, Microsoft, etc.), and will be an integral contributor to the creation of UFC’s overall Content Segmentation and Strategy plan that will be introduced in 2019. The position requires someone with acute knowledge of the media industry – both Pay TV and Digital content distribution - as well as transactional content products across all OTT, subscription and VOD formats.
1. Creates functional plans and projects that accomplish increased revenue including new business sales and promotions, relationship management, supervision of financial forecasting, brand awareness and brand management, while liaising with major external programming and distribution partners
2. Serves as a central point of contact for all PPV distributors and the Affiliate networks, while managing and cultivating strong and productive commercial relationships
3. Key member of contract negotiating team (alongside SVP of International and Content, COO and CLO) in the renewal of PPV distribution deals
4. Key member of the content strategy team
5. Hosts residential clients at functions and events with the ability to speak to the sport as well as key company business initiatives
6. Travels as necessary to clients for presentations on the UFC product, to assist with promotional appearances, and to represent the brand at national conferences
7. Coordinates with other internal departments to best manage partner relationships
8. Seeks continual growth and education to be media and content subject matter expert within internal teams
9. Evaluates existing programs, techniques, and procedures, and determines corrective actions or methods for improvement
10. Other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as assigned
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field, or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred or equivalent work experience
2. Twelve (12) or more years professional experience in business development and/or business management with knowledge of the PPV model
3. Experience managing agencies, partners and employees
4. Ability to create business models and analyze financial information
5. Ability to lead a team, develop talent, foster positive corporate culture and be principal force in creating motivated and inspired employees
6. Proficiency in creating departmental business, financial and strategic plans and presenting them to the senior executive group and company owners
7. Experience in marketing a unique product that requires educating the customer
8. General knowledge of principles of effective communications and mass media, publicity, advertising, policies, community relations, and organization structure as they relate to entertainment and sports events
9. Ability and willingness to travel
10. Ability to plan, organize, and effectively present ideas and concepts to groups, including members of the executive team
11. Ability to cultivate and establish effective relationships with all levels of clients from corporate level to individual bar owner
12. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing with all levels of the organization, customers, outside vendors, business associates, and members of the business community
13. Ability to maintain discretion and protect confidential information
14. Thorough understanding of marketing and business development principles, and the ability to think “outside of the box”
15. Desire and ability to work independently and thrive in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment
16. Excellent organizational and communication skills – both written and verbal
17. Excellent attention to detail
18. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
19. Professional, responsible, self-starting, “get-it-done” attitude and work ethic.
UFC conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.