Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore, Sao Paulo, and Russia.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy, delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
This position leads the project management and implementation of integrated partnerships packages for UFC events. This role plans and produces event assets spanning all mediums, including experiential, social media, hospitality, venue needs, and more. This is role is equal parts production and account leadership and calls for creativity, excellent attention to detail, great aptitude for customer support, and superior communication abilities to ensure alignment across many teams, events, and moving parts.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Global Partnerships, the Vice President, Activation executes multidimensional sponsorship packages, project managing the production of assets that fulfill complex partnerships programs for brand sponsors. This is a leadership position that oversees the full lifecycle of activations, from pitches to post-event recaps.
This position is the UFC’s subject matter expert and provides insight on production feasibility, creative approaches to bringing ideas to life, budgets, and timelines. The role leads and mentors worldwide activation teams with coaching, guidance, training and inspiration.
1. Project manages the production, delivery, and installation for all UFC events’ partnership assets spanning all mediums – experiential, social media, hospitality, venue assets, etc.
2. Leads the activation lifecycle of all assets to fulfill global partnership contracts, including but not limited to developing project schedules, scopes, budgets, change management, assigning tasks, production / manufacturing management, logistics, and on-site installation.
3. Manages global activation teams, leading with expertise, consistent communications, and positivity.
4. Serves as Activation subject matter expert, acting as consultant to Partnerships team and sponsors, offering creative ideas, approaches, and production feasibility.
5. Contributes to pitches and proposals, providing activation ideas to help win Partnerships pitches.
6. Partners with partnerships teams to ensure legal and financial fulfillment of client agreements, delivering accurate execution, superior client experience, and monitoring timely receivables.
7. Manages a robust network of external production vendors that can support the production and implementation of assets.
8. Responsible for the maintenance, tracking, and negotiation of production and vendor contracts and payment terms.
9. Other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
The UFC Global Partnerships team is a group of talented, successful, and collegial professionals, unified in their passion for the brand. You should be a dedicated and disciplined UFC advocate, engaged with all things across its many platforms, in order to authentically speak to its value proposition and deliver incredible programs to sponsors.
1. Great history of producing live events with 10k+ attendees across multiple cities and countries
2. Experienced in software based project management tools – TeamGantt, Microsoft Projects, etc.
3. Prior management of geographically disparate teams
4. Demonstrable knowledge of sponsorship operations and language
5. Amazing attention to detail and methodical approach to production
Passion for the sports and entertainment space: you are knowledgeable and curious about the goings-on of new venues, festivals, and happenings in culture
UFC conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.