Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore and Sao Paulo.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy,delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
The Tax Accountant is responsible for assisting the Tax Supervisor, Tax Manager, Tax Director and other Finance/Accounting personnel with tax compliance and reporting and independent contractor tax withholding on a state, federal and international level in accordance with prescribed company policies, procedures, programs, and practices.
1. Files or assists with filing various tax returns monthly, quarterly and annually ensuring that all appropriate adjustments and exemptions are claimed and that the company’s tax liability is accurately determined.
2. Assists with registration of and payment of various taxes including: ticket and merchandise sales tax, VAT, fighter, entertainer and contractor tax withholding and/ or waivers.
3. Assists with filing of pre-event applications for fighter and contractor tax withholding or waiver forms and tax reductions.
4. Assists with determination of fighter, contractor and officials’ payments, deductions and tax withholding requirements for domestic and international events.
5. Prepares or assists with preparation of year-end federal and state tax reporting on Forms 1099 and 1042 and other equivalent foreign country tax forms.
6. Assists with filing of appropriate credit and exemption applications.
7. Maintains and organizes state and federal tax files in orderly manner.
8. Maintains federal, state and local tax calendars to ensure all filings are timely.
9. Assists with research of various federal, state, municipal and foreign taxes.
10. Records event related taxes (withholding, VAT, GST and other sales taxes) including the preparation of monthly tax account reconciliations.
11. Computes foreign currency translation calculations for tax withholding.
12. Maintains independent contractor tax levies and garnishments files and advises on garnishment requirements prior to each event.
13. Responds to email queries from fighters or their representatives in a timely manner.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
2. CPA license and tax experience preferred.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with Zuffa team members and Management in both written and verbal form.
4. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
5. Ability to perform tax research, problem solving and analytical analysis.
6. Ability to analyze, interpret and communicate tax related information to accounting/finance and other departments.
7. Excellent organizational skills with an attention to details.
8. Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
9. Intermediate level of ability with Microsoft Excel.
10. Competency working with Microsoft Word and Outlook and ability to learn other basic computer programs.
Zuffa, LLC is an Equal Opporutnity Employer
Zuffa, LLC conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings