Note: this job is closed to new applications.
Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore and Sao Paulo.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
The goal of the UFC Performance Institute (UFCPI) is to deliver performance-enhancing physical preparation, sport science, and medical services to the world’s best MMA and combat athletes. Operating out of the 30,000sqft state-of-the-art UFCPI, our core values are aligned to maximizing the health and wellbeing of UFC athletes, and to support fighters and coaches in optimizing their training, preparation, and ultimately their performances in the octagon.
The successful candidate will join a world-class interdisciplinary team of service providers who have demonstrated their ability to deliver ‘world-leading’ support services to world-class mixed martial artists. Integral to the way in which the UFCPI works is an emphasis on developing the individual physical requirements of each athlete, with support staff working as a multi- disciplinary team in the pursuit of optimal performance. The UFCPI encourages innovative ways of thinking yet challenges staff to be accountable for their input, and to provide a robust link to performance in all that they do. Therefore, the post holder will be expected to understand the performance impact their work has on addressing the needs and demands of modern-day mixed martial artists.
1. Work with the Director of Strength & Conditioning to improve athlete performance through the development, implementation, and evaluation of strength and conditioning programs that reflect scientific principles as they relate to adaptation, periodization, peaking, tapering, and injury rehabilitation.
2. Deliver individual and group strength and conditioning sessions to world-class MMA fighters.
3. Develop third-party consultant relationships and form strategic partnerships with industry leaders in strength & conditioning.
4. Develop and implement support systems to aid in athlete assessments, data collection and management.
5. Strive to develop novel and innovative methodologies that serve to create world-leading working practices in the field of MMA specific strength and conditioning.
6. Ensure that the delivery of strength and conditioning services effectively meets its commitment to athletes and coaches.
7. Maintain a comprehensive, indexed database of work conducted with athletes and coaches.
8. Work with other support staff to deliver an interdisciplinary approach to performance development.
9. Where appropriate identify and facilitate appropriate communication methods to inform and educate athletes, coaches and the Vice President of Performance in the effective use of strength and conditioning for MMA.
10. Participate in ad hoc projects and or applied research across the organization as appropriate.
11. Attend national and regional meetings and workshops, training courses and visiting national and regional sites on occasion and as appropriate.
12. Within the rules of professional confidentiality, liase with athletes, primary care managers, coaches and other support staff as appropriate
Skills & Experience:
1. Post Graduate Degree in Exercise Science or other related curriculum required.
2. 5+ years of experience in science, research, and strength and conditioning fields.
3. Certification as a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) and/or Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES).
4. Previous experience working effectively in a high performance environment with elite athletes and coaches.
5. Personal or professional experience in combat or contact sport is preferred, but not required.
6. Understanding of the demands of the MMA sport (i.e. physical, physiology, gender-specific, weight categories, weight management, travel requirements, etc.).
7. Understanding of existing evidence-based research, and the implementation of new research areas to enhance the sport, athletes, and coaches.
Zuffa, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Zuffa, LLC conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings
How did you hear about this job?