Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore and Sao Paulo.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
This position works from our FightMetric office in Washington, D.C. All employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
1. Designs and develops software, involving mobile and desktop environments, data, APIs, etc., in a variety of languages and environments.
2. Deploys and supports applications both remotely and on-site at clients and live events.
3. Coordinates development activity to ensure the team stays on task and on time.
4. Sets up and operates systems and applications during live sporting events.
5. Responsible for general systems management, including security, hardware upgrades, log rotation, etc.
Skills & Experience:
1. At least 4 years’ development experience in an object-oriented language (Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.)
2. Experience overseeing or coordinating projects or project teams.
4. Knowledge of Linux server setup and management.
5. Experience with SQL and DB management.
7. Exceptional oral communication skills.
8. Ability to work nights and weekends, and travel as necessary.
9. Working knowledge of networking, security (firewall, password rotation), desktop hardware, Windows, and Linux a plus.
10. Prior Experience with live events and event planning with frequent travel a plus.
11. Interest in sports a plus.
UFC conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.