Public Relations Senior Manager with UFC in Los Angeles, CA
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore, Sao Paulo and Moscow.
This position will be based in Los Angeles and will work from the offices of our parent company, Endeavor.
Strategy for Winning:
- Manages and executes Public Relations strategies for entertainment and lifestyle media in support of key company initiatives, including live events, Pay-Per-View, and Broadcast.
- Enhances brand awareness of OTT platform Fight Pass which includes promoting and publicizing series such as “Dana White Contender Series” and “The Ultimate Fighter”.
- Focuses driving national attention for athletes that will increase consumer awareness, social media following and revenue-generated opportunities.
- Creates and pitches stories for inclusion in national entertainment media, magazines, and online outlets.
- Manages and executes the company’s celebrity Public Relations outreach efforts.
- Identifies target-right red-carpet events for athletes throughout the year.
- Manages and executes the company’s individual athlete marketing campaigns, encompassing PR, marketing and social media tactics.
- Builds and maintains entertainment contact lists.
- Creates recap reports for entertainment/lifestyle results throughout the year.
- Other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Sports Management or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in the entertainment and lifestyle space.
- Must have strong contacts within the entertainment industry.
- Ability and willingness to obtain a Passport and travel both domestically and internationally.
- Proven track record of working with athletes in a professional setting.
- Excellent customer service attitude, experience, and capacity.
- Ability to maintain effective working and public relations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products and the ability to learn other basic computer programs.
UFC conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have 5 or more years of experience in entertainment and lifestyle employment/work?
Do you have a strong network of contacts in the entertainment space? Provide a few details if appropriate.
Do you have experience working with athletes/celebrities in a professional setting? Provide a few details if appropriate.
What interests you about this opportunity?