Performance Support Manager with UFC in Las Vegas · NV
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Sao Paulo and Moscow.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy, delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
This position is part of a world-class interdisciplinary team of service providers who have demonstrated their ability to deliver ‘world-leading’ support services to world-class mixed martial artists competing in the UFC. Integral to the way in which the UFC Performance Institute operates is an emphasis on developing the specific requirements of each athlete, with support staff working as an interdisciplinary team in the pursuit of optimal performance. The UFC Performance Institute encourages innovative ways of thinking yet challenges staff to be accountable for their input, and to provide a robust link to performance outcomes in all that they do.
- Directly supports the Vice President, Performance and Vice President, Athlete Development in managing and coordinating the daily operational activities of the wider performance team.
- Executes performance service-related initiatives as required across all technical areas.
- Supports the management, optimization, and ongoing development of the Athlete Management System (AMS) that serves as the digital ecosystem upon which all performance-related databasing, analytics, and data visualization are conducted.
- Manages Performance Institute inter-disciplinary communications as directed by the Vice President, Performance.
- Manages operational data sets, data visualizations and performance reporting to the wider Performance Institute team and UFC Executives as directed.
- Liaises between the performance team and the operations team within the Performance Institute in order to optimize the integration of all business operations.
- Manages strategic projects as directed by the Performance Institute senior management team
- Manages the digital interface with the Performance Institute global digital community through web-based platforms and social media platforms.
- Provides day-to-day administrative support to the Vice President, Performance and the Vice President, Athlete Development as directed.
- Maintains a comprehensive, indexed database of work conducted with athletes and coaches.
- Works with other performance team members to deliver an interdisciplinary approach to performance development by working horizontally across all the technical areas.
- Participates in ad hoc projects and/or data analysis and reporting across the organization as appropriate.
- Assists in scheduling athletes and creating impactful ‘entrance’ and ‘exit’ experiences for athletes engaging in performance services.
- Maintains a comprehensive, indexed database of equipment suppliers, vendors, and inventory.
- Within the rules of professional confidentiality, liaises with athletes, primary care managers, coaches and other support staff as appropriate.
- Graduate degree in Sports Management, Exercise or Sport Science, Data Analytics, or another related curriculum.
- 3+ years of experience in applied sports performance environments.
- Evidence of project management and leadership within professional, Olympic or collegiate sport.
- Skilled in data analytics, data management, reporting and data visualization, with a proven track record of managing centralized data bases and management systems.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Experience working effectively with athletes and coaches.
- Personal or professional experience in combat or contact sport is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of existing evidence-based research, and the implementation of new research areas to enhance the sport, athletes, and coaches.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have experience managing centralized data bases and management systems? Please describe.
Do you have 3 or more years of experience in applied sport performance environments? Please describe.
Do you have experience in data analytics, analytics management, data visualization? Please describe.
What interests you about this position?