Note: this job is closed to new applications.
Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore and Sao Paulo.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy,delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
The goal of the UFC Performance Institute (UFCPI) is to deliver performance-enhancing physical preparation, sport science, and medical services to the world’s best MMA and combat athletes. Operating out of the 30,000sqft state-of-the-art UFCPI, our core values are aligned to maximizing the health and wellbeing of UFC athletes, and to support fighters and coaches in optimizing their training, preparation, and ultimately their performances in the octagon.
The successful candidate will join a world-class interdisciplinary team of service providers who have demonstrated their ability to deliver ‘world-leading’ support services to world-class mixed martial artists. Integral to the way in which the UFCPI works is an emphasis on developing the individual physical requirements of each athlete, with support staff working as a multi- disciplinary team in the pursuit of optimal performance. The UFCPI encourages innovative ways of thinking yet challenges staff to be accountable for their input, and to provide a robust link to performance in all that they do. Therefore, the post holder will be expected to understand the performance impact their work has on addressing the needs and demands of modern-day mixed martial artists.
6. Develop third-party consultant relationships and form strategic partnerships with industry leaders in performance nutrition and dietary supplementation.
19. Any other duties as may be requested.
Skills & Experience:
1. Post Graduate Degree in Exercise Science or other related curriculum required.
2. 5+ years of experience in science, research, and sport nutrition fields.
3. Practicing Registered Dietician (RD) or equivalent.
4. Previous experience working effectively in a high-performance environment with elite athletes and coaches.
5. Personal or professional experience in combat or contact sport is preferred, but not required.
6. Understanding of the demands of the MMA sport (i.e. physical, physiology, gender-specific, weight categories, weight management, travel requirements, etc.).
7. Understanding of existing evidence-based research, and the implementation of new research areas to enhance the sport, athletes, and coaches.
Zuffa, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Zuffa, LLC conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings
How did you hear about this job?