Performance Nutrition Coordinator with UFC in Las Vegas · NV
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore, Sao Paulo and Moscow.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy,delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
This position is part of a world-class interdisciplinary team of service providers who have demonstrated their ability to deliver ‘world-leading’ support services to world-class mixed martial artists. Integral to the way in which the UFCPI works is an emphasis on developing the individual physical requirements of each athlete, with support staff working as a multi- disciplinary team in the pursuit of optimal performance. The UFCPI encourages innovative ways of thinking yet challenges staff to be accountable for their input, and to provide a robust link to performance in all that they do.
- Works with Manager, Performance Nutrition to develop, implement and monitor innovative and evidence-based practical nutrition strategies tailored to the requirements of world-class MMA athletes.
- Delivers individual and group nutrition educational sessions to world-class MMA athletes.
- Actively promotes the importance of food to enhance performance.
- Supports athletes through longitudinal weight management, weight classification strategies, and ‘acute weight making and recovery tactics’ for the sport of mixed martial arts
- Engages with and supports continuous athlete education relating to anti-doping and USADA testing procedures.
- Develops third-party consultant relationships and forms strategic partnerships with industry leaders in performance nutrition and dietary supplementation.
- Develops and implements support systems to aid in athlete assessments, data collection, and management.
- Undertakes physiological assessments relating to performance nutrition; including DEXA, basal metabolic rate (BMR), and hydration monitoring.
- Strives to develop novel and innovative methodologies that serve to create world-leading working practices in the field of MMA-specific to nutrition.
- Ensures that the delivery of nutrition services effectively meets its commitment to athletes and coaches.
- Manages food service both via the UFCPI fueling station and in association with the on-site kitchen.
- Maintains a comprehensive, indexed database of work conducted with athletes and coaches.
- Works with other support staff to deliver an interdisciplinary approach to performance development.
- Participates in ad hoc projects and or applied research across the organization as appropriate.
- Within the rules of professional confidentiality, liaises with athletes, primary care managers, coaches and other support staff as appropriate.
- Graduate degree in Exercise Science, Nutrition, or another related curriculum required.
- 2+ years of experience in science, research, and sport nutrition fields.
- Practicing Registered Dietician (RD) or equivalent.
- Experience working effectively with athletes and coaches.
- Personal or professional experience in combat or contact sport is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of the demands of the MMA sport (i.e. physical, physiology, gender-specific, weight categories, weight management, travel requirements, etc.).
- Understanding of existing evidence-based research, and the implementation of new research areas to enhance the sport, athletes, and coaches.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
How did you hear about this job?
What specifically interests you about this position?
Are you a Registered Dietician?
Do you have professional experience providing nutritional advice to athletes?
What is your knowledge of MMA as it relates to this position?