Note: this job is closed to new applications.
Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
This position is based in Las Vegas, the UFC’s hometown and the Fight Capital of the World. Las Vegas matches the passion and energy of the UFC and offers a vast array of entertainment, restaurants, spas, golf courses, shops and accommodations. The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore and Sao Paulo.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site gym with cardio equipment, weight machines and free weights. We have a regular wellness calendar for employees featuring health and nutritional classes. The Las Vegas office participates annually in a citywide Corporate Challenge. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
Our office consists of people who are passionate, dedicated and innovative.
This program offers you, as the intern, the opportunity to become directly involved in the day to day activities in the UFC Performance Institute. We strive to make your internship experience challenging and interesting and make every effort to tailor it to your specific career aspirations.
At the UFC Performance Institute (UFCPI) we deliver performance-impacting physical preparation, sport science, and medical services to the worlds best MMA and combat athletes. Our core values are aligned to maximizing the health & wellbeing of UFC athletes, and to support athletes and coaches optimize their training, preparation, and ultimately their performance in the octagon.
The UFC Performance Institute is seeking a Strength & Conditioning Intern to support the delivery of physical training services within our new state-of-the-art facility. The internship will assist the Director of Strength & Conditioning in delivering performance-enhancing services to elite MMA athletes accessing the UFCPI on a daily basis. The Intern will have the opportunity to be involved with a variety of essential tasks; including assisting in the delivery of strength training sessions, giving technical coaching cues to athletes, supporting metabolic conditioning and speed/agility training, leading warm-up and movement preparation activities, engaging in athlete monitoring and assessment, managing weight room hygiene and cleanliness, and other associated tasks as required. The intern will be required to establish strong personal working relationships with athletes and coaches, and will be required to work independently in supporting our Strength & Conditioning mission. Strength & Conditioning represents a critical component in the UFCPI’s portfolio of services, and this internship position is central in supporting our efforts to provide world-leading services to MMA athletes.
In addition to the monetary compensation provided, this position offers the opportunity for advancement in the field of Strength & Conditioning. The internship supports the fulfillment of any credit hours towards a degree program, and the successful candidate will gain hands on experience working with elite athletes.
1. Assist the Director of Strength & Conditioning in any physical training-related tasks
2. Assist the Director of Strength & Conditioning in planning and preparing physical training activities.
3. Deliver small group and/or individual warm-up exercises as required.
4. Implement monitoring and assessment interventions as required.
5. Ensure the cleanliness and hygiene of the weight room environment is maintained within the facility
6. Act in an inter-disciplinary role with other technical areas as required.
Skills & Experience:
1. Candidates must be enrolled in an institution of higher education pursuing a degree relevant to the internship.
2. Candidates must possess or be working towards CSCS, CSCCa, or another internationally recognized certification.
3. Candidates must have an outstanding work ethic and attention to detail.
4. Candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work independently on assigned tasks and to deliver outcome goals effectively.
5. Candidates must have a strong desire to work with elite combat athletes.
6. Experience working with athletes from weight-categorized sports is desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Requires close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Additionally the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols is necessary.
2. Frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
3. Must have the ability to use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
4. Ability to reach with hands and arms.
5. Occasionally lift and/or move large or heavy objects.
Should be able to work during normal housr of operation (M-F 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday morning)
This is a paid internship, but does not provide housing, relocation or transportation assistance.
Zuffa conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
Zuffa, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How did you hear about this job?
What level are you in your academic program (junior, senior, graduate student)?
What is your career goal upon completion of your degree? What type of position do you hope to attain upon graduation? Explain in as much detail as possible.
Yes/No: Do you understand that this is a paid internship that is in Las Vegas and that no housing, relocation or transportation assistance is available?