Note: this job is closed to new applications.
Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore and Sao Paulo.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy,delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
This program offers you, as the intern, the opportunity to become directly involved in the day to day activities in the UFC Performance Institute. We strive to make your internship experience challenging and interesting and make every effort to tailor it to your specific career aspirations.
At the UFC Performance Institute (UFCPI) we deliver performance-impacting physical preparation, sport science, and medical services to the worlds best MMA and combat athletes. Our core values are aligned to maximizing the health & wellbeing of UFC athletes, and to support athletes and coaches optimize their training, preparation, and ultimately performance in the octagon.
The UFCPI is seeking a Sports Nutrition Intern to support the delivery of nutrition services within our new state-of-the-art facility. The internship will assist the Director of Sports Nutrition in delivering nutrition services to elite MMA athletes accessing the UFCPI on a daily basis. The Intern will have the opportunity to be involved with a variety of essential tasks; including athlete fueling, recovery and regeneration activities, food service, management of product and supplies, athlete education, and other associated tasks as required. The intern will be required to establish strong personal working relationships with athletes and coaches, and will be required to work independently in supporting our Sport Nutrition mission. Nutritional support represents a critical component in the UFCPI’s portfolio of services, and this internship position is central in supporting our efforts to provide world-leading services to MMA athletes.
In addition to the monetary compensation provided, this position offers the opportunity for advancement in the field of sports nutrition. The internship supports the fulfillment of any credit hours towards a degree program, and the successful candidate will gain hands on experience working with elite athletes.
1. Assist the Director of Sport Nutrition in any sport nutrition-related tasks
2. Manage fuel stations and undertake the preparation of fuelling and/or recovery nutrition as required.
3. Assist the Director of Nutrition in planning and preparing snacks and meal plans.
4. Deliver small group and/or individual athlete education as required.
5. Ensure clean and hygienic nutritional environments within the facility
6. Act in an inter-disciplinary role with other technical areas as required.
Skills & Experience:
1. Candidates must be enrolled in an institution of higher education AND be receiving class credit for the internship experience.
2. Candidates must possess or be working towards an RD or CSSD certification.
3. Candidates must have an outstanding work ethic and attention to detail.
4. Candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work independently on assigned tasks and to deliver outcome goals effectively.
5. Candidates must have a strong desire to work with elite combat athletes.
6. Experience of working with athletes from weight-categorized sports is desired.
Should be able to work a minimum of 30+ hours per week if also attending school or 35+ hours per week if not currently attending classes.
This is a paid internship, but does not provide housing, relocation or transportation assistance.
Zuffa conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
Zuffa, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What level are you in your academic program (junior, senior, graduate student)?
How did you hear about this job?
What is your career goal upon completion of your degree? What type of position do you hope to attain upon graduation? Explain in as much detail as possible.
Yes/No: Do you understand that this is a paid internship that is in Las Vegas and that no housing, relocation or transportation assistance is available?