Internship - Sponsorship Activation - Spring 2020 with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in Las Vegas · NV
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Moscow, and Shanghai.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy,delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
Our office consists of people who are passionate, dedicated and innovative.This program offers you, as the intern, the opportunity to become directly involved in the service and activation activities of the Marketing Activations Team. The Activations Team works closely with and complements the efforts and activities of the Marketing Partnerships Sales Team. We strive to make your internship experience challenging and interesting and make every effort to tailor it to your specific career aspirations. Marketing Activations contributes to the UFC’s success through their dedication to meeting and exceeding the expectations of our business partners.
As an intern with Sponsorship Activations you will:
- Assist with preparation of post-event recaps for partners.
- Assists with preparation and execution of upcoming events.
- Tracks UFC’s sponsorship assets.
- Assists with hospitality, entertainment, and sponsor gifting.
- Assists with sponsorship ROI and measurement.
- Reach out to partners as directed to help coordinate events and contract elements.
- Assist with preparation for meetings with current and prospective partners.
- Research and conceive promotional ideas, monitor what types of events and promotions other sports properties are employing, and relay information to senior members of the activations team.
- May provide support to Marketing Partnerships team as requested.
We are seeking candidates that are:
- Sports Management, Marketing or Business majors, or other programs relevant to business development and sales. Junior, Senior or Graduate level preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Outgoing friendly personality with excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
- Team player.
- Willing to learn and grow.
- Must be enrolled in relevant academic program. Candidates that have already graduated at the start of the internship are not eligible unless you are receiving academic credit.
- May receive academic credit for the internship.
- Should be able to work a minimum of 30+ hours per week if also attending school or 35+ hours per week if not currently attending classes.
UFC conducts pre-employment background and drug screening.
This is a paid internship, but does not provide housing, relocation or transportation assistance.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
How did you hear about this job?
What level are you in your academic program (junior, senior, graduate student)?
What do you want to learn from this experience, and please, don't tell us that you want to learn the day-to-day operations of a sports organization or a department. We want to make sure that the experience helps build the skills and knowledge necessary to help you get to your career goals. So, specifically, what do you want to learn from the experience?
What is your career goal upon completion of your degree? What type of position do you hope to attain upon graduation? Explain in as much detail as possible.
When do you expect to graduate?