Internship - Public Relations - Spring 2020 with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in Las Vegas · NV
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Moscow, and Shanghai.
The Ultimate Opportunity
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy,delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
Our office consists of people who are passionate, dedicated and innovative. This program offers the intern the opportunity to become directly involved in the public relations activities that are part of the daily operations of the department. We strive to make this a challenging and interesting experience for you and make every effort to tailor it to the specific skills and projects that you would like to pursue and build on. This department contributes to the organization through promotion of UFC products.
We are seeking an intern for an upcoming semester for our Public Relations department. This internship will work closely with the Publicists and Media Relations Coordinators.
- Coordination media events and managing media.
- Researching writers
- Assisting with maintenance of the media database
- Coordinating schedules for fighters in conjunction with events
- Drafting press releases
- Coordinating interviews for events
- Assisting with drafting media pitches
- Assisting with daily news tracking, compilation and distribution
- Public Relations, Journalism, English or Communications majors
- Should be very proficient in Microsoft Word
- Proficient in writing and editing copy
- Have the desire and ability to create compelling, unique stories and ideas
- Is comfortable in meetings and calls with high profile people and media entities
- Has excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information
- Team player
- Willing to learn and grow
- Must be enrolled in an academic program that is relevant to public relations activities
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student preferred
- May receive academic credit for internship
- Must be able to work a minimum of 30+ hours per week if also attending school or 40+ hours per week if not
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
How did you hear about this job?
What level are you in your academic program (1st/2nd/3rd year)?
What do you want to learn from this experience?
What is your career goal upon completion of your degree? What type of position do you hope to attain upon graduation? Explain in as much detail as possible.
When do you expect to graduate?