Internship - Performance Nutrition - Spring 2020 with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in Las Vegas, NV
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore Sao Paulo, Moscow, and Shanghai.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy,delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
- Assist the Director of Sport Nutrition in any sport nutrition-related tasks.
- Manage fuel stations and undertake the preparation of fueling and/or recovery nutrition as required.
- Assist the Director of Nutrition in planning and preparing snacks and meal plans.
- Deliver small group and/or individual athlete education as required.
- Ensure clean and hygienic nutritional environments within the facility.
- Act in an inter-disciplinary role with other technical areas as required.
Skills & Experience:
- Candidates must be enrolled in an institution of higher education AND be receiving class credit for the internship experience.
- Candidates must possess or be working towards an RD or CSSD certification.
- Candidates must have an outstanding work ethic and attention to detail.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work independently on assigned tasks and to deliver outcome goals effectively.
- Candidates must have a strong desire to work with elite combat athletes.
- Experience of working with athletes from weight-categorized sports is desired.
- Should be able to work a minimum of 30+ hours per week if also attending school or 35+ hours per week if not currently attending classes.
Zuffa conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
This is a paid internship, but does not provide housing, relocation or transportation assistance.
How did you hear about this job?
What level are you in your academic program (1st/2nd/3rd year)?
What do you want to learn from this experience?
What is your career goal upon completion of your degree? What type of position do you hope to attain upon graduation? Explain in as much detail as possible.
When do you expect to graduate?