Internship - Legal and Regulatory Affairs - Summer 2020 with Ultimate Fighting Championship (the UFC) in Las Vegas · NV
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Moscow, Sao Paulo, and Shanghai.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy, delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
This program offers you the opportunity to become directly involved in the legal and policy matters that are part of the daily operations of the department. We strive to make this a challenging and interesting experience for you and try to make every effort to tailor it to the specific skills, and projects that you would like to be included in. This department deals with significant contractual and negotiation responsibilities including, venue agreements, sponsorship contracts, merchandise agreements, fighter contracts, television agreements and other entertainment-related agreements. This department also works on various intellectual property issues including anti-piracy and other unauthorized uses of content and UFC property.
- Drafts agreements with appropriate supervision.
- Assists legal department in business and legal affairs for all day-to-day activities.
- Drafts production agreements, including production services, talent, content, fighter, underlying rights, etc, and production related business transactions.
- Assists in matters of due diligence and document review and preparation for major transactions, as necessary.
- Assists with identifying and addressing illegal uses of UFC owned assets.
- Gathers evidence for trademark applications and oppositions.
- Prepares copyright applications.
- Assists in other transactions, general corporate governance matters, employment law research, and international expansion as they arise.
- Assists with other general business and legal affairs projects as requested.
- You would be expected to be able to conduct research projects and draft contracts with appropriate supervision. You may also be called upon to draft correspondence, track pending legislation, and to otherwise assist the Legal team with their duties.
- 2nd or 3rd year law student.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest in one or more of the following areas of law: entertainment, intellectual property, international, corporate, transactional.
- Ability to organize and effectively present analysis and concepts.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook, and ability to learn other basic computer programs.
This is a paid position but the selected intern(s) are responsible for selecting and providing their own housing, relocation and transportation if necessary.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
How did you hear about this job?
What level are you in your academic program (1st/2nd/3rd year)?
What do you want to learn from this experience?
What is your career goal upon completion of your degree? What type of position do you hope to attain upon graduation? Explain in as much detail as possible.
When do you expect to graduate?