Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore and Sao Paulo.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy,delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
Our office consists of people who are passionate, dedicated and innovative.
This program offers you, as the intern, the opportunity to become directly involved in the day to day activities in the Finance/Accounting Department at Zuffa. We strive to make your internship experience challenging and interesting and make every effort to tailor it to your specific career aspirations.
As an intern with Finance/Accounting you will:
- Develop an understanding and ability to use the finance department’s primary software tools: JD Edwards (accounting system) and Insight (financial statement, analysis and forecasting tool).
- Help with the preparation of event budgets from beginning with the original budget through to populating the actual results. Highlight any major discrepancies between forecasted event budgets and actual results.
- Enter historical department, territory and event budget and actual information into Insight.
- Learn how to forecast and prepare an annual budget for a mid-size company
- Learn how to maintain and track that budget as actual results occur during the year
- Understand the external audit process and the requirements that must be complied with by companies
We are seeking candidates that are:
- Sports Management, Finance or Business majors, or other programs relevant to Accounting, Finance or Business. Junior, Senior or Graduate level preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Outgoing friendly personality with excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
- Team player.
- Willing to learn and grow.
Should be able to work a minimum of 30+ hours per week if also attending school or 35+ hours per week if not currently attending classes.
This is a paid internship, but does not provide housing, relocation or transportation assistance.
Zuffa, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Zuffa conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.