Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Moscow and Shanghai.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
UFC offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life, supplemental life, short-term disability and 401(k) with a company match. Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy,delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. We have a regular wellness calendar for employees featuring health and nutritional classes. The Las Vegas office participates annually in a citywide Corporate Challenge. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Under general supervision, the Financial Analyst plays an important business unit support function while they gain company and industry knowledge and financial planning & analysis skills. Overall responsibilities include, annual budget creation, monthly forecasting, financial reporting, and various ad-hoc analysis. This position will also work with key business partners across the company’s organization to further develop and standardize new profitability and cost measures, create more meaningful management reports, and further automate our forecast processes. At times will be a liaison between accounting and operations to fix processes and the ability to discuss complex financial matter(s).
- Responsible for full P&L experience for specific business unit(s) / department(s)
- Responsible for annual budgeting and forecasting with understanding of key financial and operational drivers
- Works closely with Operations and Accounting to ensure monthly financials reflect consistency with operational activities / forecast
- Monthly due diligence and written analyses of actual performance vs. budgets and forecasts
- Ability to extract and utilize data from various software applications, such as spreadsheets, databases, for reporting and/or analytical purposes
- Assists in development of policies, procedures and practices for budgeting and/or forecasting process.
- Creates monthly and ad-hoc reporting to support operational and financial needs
- Understands BI data cubes and reporting structures
- Provides assistance, support, and guidance to Operations and Accounting / Finance department, as necessary.
- Provides analytic support for strategic projects
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business or finance. CPA or international equivalent and/or Master’s degree preferred but not required
- Strong level skills in Microsoft Excel – (ex. pivot tables, macros, data tables, simulations & solver, Vlookup, Hlookup)
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), preferably in the field of media and entertainment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members, and management in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to apply analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn and continuously improve
- Highly motivated individual
- Detail oriented with strong aptitude for problem solving skills
- Technical skills and experience in financial reporting and cash flow management.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Take active role in process improvement projects, including automation and streamlining of current reporting.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook and ability to learn other basic computer programs.
- Experience with JD Edwards, Hubble, SAP, or other ERP system is a plus.
Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
UFC conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.