Director of Licensing - UFC (Las Vegas · NV)
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Sao Paulo, Moscow, and Shanghai.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy, delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
This is a global role and reports to the VP of Global Consumer Products. The Director of Licensing will manage licensees in the video game and digital space as well as toys, collectibles and other hardgoods categories. This role will be responsible for all aspects of partner management, organizational integration, go-to market strategies and will work closely with internal marketing and brand teams. This role will work in conjunction with the business development team and be responsible for revenue, strategy, and growth plans.
- Manages, directs and grows category licensing revenue
- Negotiates and executes licensed deals with current and new licensees; manages and executes renewals and non-renewals
- Develops budgets and updated forecasts, risk/opportunity assessments, long-term planning, sales tracking and financial models
- Partners with internal stakeholders to maximize existing business while seeking new opportunities, supports strategic growth initiatives, identifies and solves business problems
- Manages cross-functional relationships with internal departments that support and maximize communication and reach of consumer products initiatives
- Develops incremental revenue opportunities for existing licensees and seek out new business partners
- Builds retail contacts, fosters communication and provides input regarding channel strategies and strategic direction
- Works with International offices and licensees to develop and grow licensed business
- Monitors approval process for product and creative submissions
- Drives the sales of UFC licensed products through various distribution channels and ensures product differentiation within each category
- Interfaces and provides leadership and strategic direction to licensees regarding merchandising strategy and tactics for retail sell through
- Manages cross-functional relationships with internal and external partners to ensure strategies are communicated and implemented effectively
- Works in a creative capacity with licensees on innovative product development, marketing strategy and associated assets; Continuously challenges licensees to be on the forefront of product innovation and design
- Identifies key trends and translates trends into products appropriate for the sports licensed business
- Other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as assigned
- 7+ years of experience in licensing, retail and consumer marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Graduate-level degree preferred.
- Proven track record of business development utilizing licensing and brand extension model across an array of platforms, media and retail/e-commerce outlets
- Creation and execution of licensing strategies
- Strong retail and industry relationships
- Video game experience on either the licensing or publisher side of the business
- Digital and e-commerce experience
- Proven track record of expanding into new markets and growing revenue within established markets
- Strong merchandising and product orientation; has worked extensively with the retail trade to develop comprehensive and innovative programs to extend multiple brands
- Experience in establishing and managing strategic partnerships with superior negotiation skills and a track record of building mutually beneficial partnerships
- Experience working with International Markets
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, aggressive and entrepreneurial environment
- Relationship-builder with ability to influence and gain alignment with complex and varied constituencies
- Articulate thought-leader with exceptional written, listening and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solver and strategic thinker
- Action oriented leader who will aggressively, yet respectfully push on partners to over-deliver on their commitments, constantly seek out other alternatives for key relationships, does not accept failure as an option and constantly pushes the boundaries of what is possible and brings energy and enthusiasm to all discussions
- A participative, team-oriented executive who exemplifies the highest personal and professional standards
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
How many years of experience do you have in licensing, retail, consumer marketing, and business development?
Describe your experience in managing licensees in the video game and digital space.