Note: this job is closed to new applications.
Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore and Sao Paulo.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy,delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
This role’s main responsibilities include leadership of FP&A efforts in delivering relevant and insightful business analysis, reporting that enables effective decision-making from the senior leaders, and improved overall performance.
The position will lead budgeting, monthly/quarterly forecasting and multi-year financial modeling efforts across the company to provide the highest quality financial information that is accurate, comprehensive and insightful. It will also lead FP&A’s processes roadmap and implementation to automate and manage data more effectively and efficiently, and implement other procedures to improve efficiencies across FP&A and individual departments.
This is a critical and highly visible position which works closely with the CFO, senior management and the Finance & Accounting team and reports into SVP, Strategy. It requires extensive experience in financial analysis and business modeling, ability to form strong working partnerships with senior business leaders and to effectively problem solve in a fast-paced environment. This position is a people manager position.
1. Works closely with CFO, SVP, Strategy and SVP, Finance and other members of the senior management team in developing short-term and long-range plans.
2. Leads budget and forecasting activities across the company, including all departments and territories, establishing linkage to the company’s goals and ensures strong cost control.
3. Identifies key risks and effective mitigants to achieving the annual budget
4. Supports departments in the formulation of departmental budget requests, including necessary documentation, investigation, and related budget impact studies.
5. Leads the collection of information required to develop, analyze and/or modify financial plans, which include the monthly and quarterly forecast, and the annual operating plan.
6. Leads financial modeling capabilities for real-time analysis of operational efficiencies to improve the Company’s financial performance and financial scenarios to explore long-term strategic plans.
7. Provides information and analysis for management to support strategic decision making.
8. Works in a collaborative manner with department leaders to develop recommendations for resolution of problems.
9. Leads, supports and improves monthly financial routines: e.g. analysis and reporting of financial forecasts, management reporting, departmental and territory reporting, budget vs. actuals analysis, development of Management Description and Analysis (MD&A), key performance indicators (KPIs), re-forecasting, etc.
10. Assists Finance & Accounting teams with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing process by identifying variances between actuals and budgets to help identify potential errors in the monthly close.
11. Leads the development, documentation and maintenance of internal controls for FP&A
12. Assists with auditor requests such as providing official company forecasts, explaining key assumptions used in constructing forecasts, evidencing adherence to internal controls, etc.
13. Works closely with FP&A team at parent company to share information and support budgeting and forecasting functions related to UFC.
14. Perform ad-hoc analysis and projects as deemed appropriate.
15. Directly supervises employees.
Skills & Experience:
1. Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting.
2. Strong analytical and financial modeling background and experience.
3. 10+ years of work experience in related field
4. 5+ years of FP&A leadership work experience.
1. Master’s degree and/or CPA or international equivalent.
2. World-class organizational skills, encompassing an extremely high attention to detail, strong ownership ethic, and intense focus on accuracy and accountability.
3. Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), preferably in the field of media and entertainment.
4. Energy and passion to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
5. Expert level skills in Microsoft Excel (i.e. pivot tables, macros, data tables, simulations, etc.).
6. Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
7. Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages in written and verbal communications.
8. Creative and innovative problem solving skills.
9. Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment and partner across multiple departments.
10. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
11. Technical skills and experience in financial reporting and cash flow management.
12. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook, and the ability to learn other basic computer programs.
13. Experience with JD Edwards, Hubble, SAP, BPC, and databases.
14. Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
15. Prior management experience.
Zuffa, LLC conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
Zuffa, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How did you hear about this job?
What is your experience with financial modeling?
Do you have 5+ years of FP&A work experience?