Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore and Sao Paulo.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy,delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
The Assistant Editor is responsible for supporting the UFC edit staff in their daily needs, facilitating the archive of the UFC library, and supporting outside production vendors in their needs for content. This position is also responsible for trafficking promos and creating event PR reels along with conventional DVD content loops. This position does not travel and remains at UFC headquarters. Due to space and the availability of equipment, this position generally works the swing shift.
- Digitizes, converts, and organizes content for use by editors.
- Clips highlights after each event using a Digital Asset System; logs and exports content from the Digital Asset System for use by editors.
- Compile footage for contracted vendors for producing features for the live event broadcasts and promotional programming.
- Imports and archives media when projects are completed by editors.
- Converts show masters to various formats for international distribution to partners.
- Edits and authors DVDs for loops played at convention booths, fighter appearances, and press conferences.
- Arranges fighter highlights for upcoming events for the Public Relations Department and creates graphics for use in live events.
- Works with editors on promotional assets, long/short form shows, and sizzles. This includes compiling the footage, setting up sequences, exporting graphics, and mastering.
- Creates event graphics such as lower thirds, name slams, and double heads.
- Edits PR reels for upcoming events and fighter appearances.
Skills & Experience:
- High School GED, or equivalent required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premier Pro, Final Cut, and Avid non-linear editing systems.
- Knowledge of various video codecs and compression methods; experience with 3D modeling and animation a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud preferred.
- Knowledge of DVD and Blu-Ray disc formats preferred; knowledge of tape-based workflows a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent attention to small details.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent decision-making ability.
- Knowledge of UFC historical information helpful.
- Ability to work other hours such as swing shift, graveyard shift, and weekends.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, and ability to learn other basic computer programs.
UFC conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.