Vice President of Licensing - UFC (Las Vegas · NV)
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Sao Paulo, Moscow, and Shanghai.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy, delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
The Vice President of Licensing role is global and reports to the SVP of Global Consumer Products. This role manages key licensees in the video game and digital space as well as toys, collectibles and other hardgoods categories. This position provides strategic direction and is responsible for all aspects of partner management, organizational integration, go-to market strategies and will work closely with internal marketing and brand teams. This role will work in conjunction with team responsible for business development and be responsible for strategy and growth plans.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of licensing partnerships
- Strategize with Licensees to drive program growth and increased distribution
- Develop and update strategic plans, both short and long term, to meet and/or exceed budget, plans to include budgets, forecasts, etc.
- Provide strategic direction and develop and execute retail marketing and activation programs to drive sell in and sell through of licensed products
- In partnership with Licensees develop strategies for licensee activations and integration through UFC and broader company divisions
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies
- In conjunction with IMG Licensing, research markets and categories and identify white space business opportunities. Source prospective partners and conduct due diligence and/or analysis of markets, categories, proposals, business plans and financial impact
- Collaborate with internal and broader company divisions to create and execute product collaborations, unique retail experiences and unexpected partnerships; Generate new and innovative ideas for product licensing extensions
- Liaise and collaborate with licensees and internal brand marketing department
- Translate and leverage consumer insights, licensing category and market trends into meaningful and executable business strategies
- Execute ongoing analysis and management of existing licensees including, but not limited to: proposals, requests for renewals and amendments, annual business and marketing plans
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum ten years’ experience in licensing, retail and consumer marketing and business development
- Proven track record of business development utilizing an intellectual property licensing and brand extension model across an array of platforms, media and retail/e-commerce outlets
- Ability to develop strategy and clearly articulate vision as well as set direction for team
- Creation and execution of licensing strategies
- Strong retail and industry relationships
- Video game experience on either the licensing or publisher side of the business
- Digital and e-commerce experience
- Proven track record of expanding into new markets and growing revenue within established markets
- Strong merchandising and product orientation; has worked extensively with the retail trade to develop comprehensive and innovative programs to extend multiple brands
- Experience in establishing and managing strategic partnerships with superior negotiation skills and a track record of building mutually beneficial partnerships
- Experience working with International Markets
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, aggressive and entrepreneurial environment
- Relationship-builder with ability to influence and gain alignment with complex and varied constituencies
- Articulate thought-leader with exceptional written, listening and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Action oriented leader who will aggressively, yet respectfully push on partners to over-deliver on their commitments, does not accept failure as an option and constantly pushes the boundaries of what is possible and brings energy and enthusiasm to all discussions
- Confident and assertive, ability to confront issues quickly and decisively
- A collaborative, team-oriented executive who exemplifies the highest personal and professional standards
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
How many years of experience do you have in licensing, retail, consumer marketing, and business development?
Describe your experience in managing licensees in the video game and digital space.