What We’re Looking For:
Sport and Story is looking for an enthusiastic, talented, and driven videographer/content creator to join our team in gathering, producing and delivering story-based documentary content in the college sports space.
We value our people by offering a warm and professional work environment. We have generous compensation packages and provide excellent benefits including paid time off, health and dental insurance, paid parental leave and a 401k plan, just to name a few.
Who We Are:
Our mission is to tell great stories that engage and connect fans to their favorite teams. We do this through unique, original content and long form storytelling. We are led by an Emmy award winning team of directors. Innovation, positivity, creativity, energy and problem solving is at the core of our culture. Valuing people first is what we do. Whether it’s the subjects we feature and follow or our own talented storytellers, we pride ourselves on leaving a positive aftertaste with everyone involved.
What We Do:
We create original content subscription membership networks for college athletic departments all over the country. We partner with the schools who give great access to tell their stories. We work hand in hand with the coaches, players, administration and creative teams at each school. Using great technology we create interactive platforms that are easy for fans to access and navigate and we create a robust marketing plan so the fans you’re serving actually engage with and enjoy your work.
The Videographer/ Content Creator will:
- Research, pitch, write, capture, edit, and produce creative, original quality visual content and compelling stories for multiple platforms.
- Develop and cultivate a wide network of resources within the college community.
- Generate original story ideas and develop fresh angles and perspectives for content executions.
- Identify long and short-term story ideas.
- Research, set up, and conduct interviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 year experience in shooting and editing documentary style content
- Strong story development skills.
- Excellent storytelling judgment and journalistic instincts.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under time pressure deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate plans and solutions.
- Expertise in capturing video using a variety of Sony, Cannon, and Panasonic camera equipment.
- Ability to capture audio while filming.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.