Sport & Story Media, LLC.
Sport & Story:
Sport & Story exists to connect fans to their favorite sports through unique, high-quality original content.
As we grow, we are looking for a General Manager who is experienced in the field and knows how to manage others as well as a creative process. You will oversee other talented storytellers who enjoy going behind the scenes where few others are allowed, can find the untold parts of popular stories, and share the how and why of athletes and coaches.
At Sport & Story, we know that we are only as good as the people we have working here! We provide excellent benefits including a generous time off package, health and dental insurance, paid parental leave and a 401k plan, just to name a few.
We are hiring a General Manager to lead the content production team, create the content calendar, and work hand-in-hand with the subscription marketing team.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with experience in handling multiple work streams, developing creative and strategic content plans, and executing those plans on schedule and on budget with an eye towards premium quality.
The GM will provide creative and organizational direction on a tight deadline and high-pressure environment on all aspects of the audio and video content production including but not limited to scheduling, budgeting, field production, post-production, and delivery.
- Total subscribers
- Total views, downloads, streams, etc. for all content created
- Internal score for each piece of content
- Satisfaction score from school partners
- Oversee all workflow and production processes.
- Manage all content projects from inception to delivery.
- Build and execute production calendars and schedules enabling high-quality production in a fast-paced environment.
- Recruit and manage a team of producers in the production of video and audio content ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of all content.
- As the senior leader on the production team, work in close collaboration with the Sport & Story Media Head of Content to ensure goals are met.
- Manage, assign, and supervise output from content producers with an emphasis on quality and journalistic standards.
- Pitch, develop and execute new video and audio ideas.
- Edit and produce content yourself when necessary in tight deadline situations to help deliver the best quality product.
- Write and/or copyedit scripts.
- Quality control and check all original video and audio executions in preparation for publishing.
- Maintain relevant business relationships.
- Represent the company to clients and outside entities.
- 5+ years experience in fast-paced production environments managing creative teams, producing original audio and video products.
- Working experience with production tasks including pre-production planning, scheduling, budgeting, field production, and post-production workflow.
- Excellent editorial judgment and extensive knowledge of sports and events.
- Proven capability to work under stress and problem solve.
- A sound understanding and experience with all aspects of video and audio production.
- Experience with various video production formats for mobile and social media platforms is a plus.
- Progressive with understanding and usage of social media and content platforms.
- Proven experience working in an early-stage growth company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.