Proof of the Pudding (POP) provides award-winning catering and provisions to conferences, meetings, exhibitions, conventions, and special events at the Gas South District Convention Center. As one of Georgia’s busiest convention centers, every day brings new opportunities to create, design, and execute memorable events for a variety of guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to work with new team members week-to-week to provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Greet and service guests at the register, taking orders, and accepting payment (debit card, credit card)
- Ability to perform multiple roles of a concession stand such as cashier, runner, plating food, cleaning, counting inventory, restocking, and customer service.
- Prepare food while following standard health and safety procedures.
- Willing to receive formal or on-the-job training and coaching to improve.
- Replenish food at coolers as needed.
- Scrub and polish counters, tables, and other equipment
- Clean dishes and fountain equipment
- Inventory control: Assess inventory and assist in preparing product orders as necessary.
- Stock and restock items as necessary.
- Ensure all sanitation procedures are followed relating to all local licensing regulations.
· Performs sales transactions in a reasonable and timely fashion. Enter sales into the cash register to ensure purchases are accurately recorded.
· Accepts acceptable forms of payment and issues receipts to customers. Follows standard procedures of operations for Food Hall
· Performs other duties such as replenishing condiments and general supplies and maintaining cleanliness concession area.
· Ensures compliance with all sanitation and safety requirements.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- 1+ year in concessions experience preferred.
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Renowned time management and organization skills
- Strong Customer Service skills with the desire to go above and beyond a client’s needs.
- The ability to work alone and as a team.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to learn and adapt quickly.
This position will consist of event attendance, preparation, set up, and breakdown. This position work mostly out of and mainly stay within the Gas South District Convention Center but may travel to other venues within the Gas South Region.
Adherence to Company Uniform Requirements outlined in the Associate Handbook, uniform requirements outlined in your orientation guidelines.
- Prolonged periods of standing, moving through an event space, and traveling from venue to venue
- Bending, lifting, scooping, and carrying miscellaneous equipment and food items
- Ability to perform physical tasks; such as but not limited to, lifting approx. 30 lbs.
CORE VALUE AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Business Acumen - Demonstrate comprehension of the job, including policies, practices, and relationships. Possess the expertise and skill levels required of the job and perform with quality.
- Dedication - Dependable, reliable and follows through on projects from inception to completion. Willing to put in as much time as necessary to complete tasks. Demonstrate a win-win attitude: “see it, own it, solve it.”
- Ethics and Integrity - Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the company’s culture, values and beliefs while maintaining the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Safety & Security - Observe safety and security standards. Use equipment and materials properly. Comply with safety standards and personal protective equipment requirements. Report potential unsafe conditions or practices to appropriate person immediately. Promote restaurant safety, cleanliness and security compliance at all times.
- Teamwork - Cooperate and be willing to work as a team player to achieve goals and tasks accurately, efficiently and timely.
- Communication - Communicate clearly and effectively with mutual respect, understanding and trust to fellow associates, managers, supervisors and guests. Listen carefully to opinions and views of others; state understanding of what has been heard.
- Initiative - Contribute new ideas and suggestions to enhance productivity and efficiency. Be proactive in troubleshooting problems or issues and take action to mitigate potential problems.
- Adaptability & Planning - Possess the ability to learn new tasks and adjust well to new situations. Perform well under tight time schedules and pressures to change direction quickly.
- Service Orientation - Demonstrates a sense of urgency. Is welcoming, friendly and smiles when visible to guests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.