About Topnotch Events:
Topnotch Events is a leading event management company specializing in professional tennis events. Topnotch Event’s parent company, Topnotch Management, is a global sports agency specializing in tennis, soccer, and pickleball. Both organizations are based in Downtown Cleveland.
About Tennis in the Land:
As one of the biggest women’s tennis events in the country, Tennis in the Land (WTA 250) welcomes some of the top women tennis players in the world to Cleveland, Ohio, the week prior to the US Open. With $300,000 in prize money and valuable ranking points at stake, this is one of the premier stand-alone women’s tennis events in the United States and is the only professional women’s sporting event in Cleveland.
Topnotch will be bringing on motivated individuals who want to be an integral part of planning and operating of a week-long WTA Tour event in Cleveland, OH, broadcast live around the world. The opportunity is to join one of the leading tennis agencies in the world as it brings to life a professional tennis event. Interns will learn from experienced sports marketing professionals and play a meaningful role in the execution of a world-class tournament.
- Develop marketing tactics that help connect with potential ticket buyers to promote Tennis in the Land
- Work with schools, community centers, universities, tennis teams, etc., to spread awareness about the event
- Help create a tournament signage plan with the Marketing Manager and Graphic Design Intern
- Create promotional materials for Tennis in the Land
- Assist with the creation and execution of a 3-month organic social media campaign to help promote the tournament
- Work with the Design Manager and Graphic Design Intern to develop content to post across all social media platforms
- During tournament week, help the Marketing Manager post tournament updates, match information, and sponsored content.
- Sit in on meetings with marketing agency partners
- Write and design emails to send out to Tennis in the Land Subscribers
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager on email campaign ideas and strategies
- During event week and the week prior, assist with event operations
- If the candidate has experience with sports photography, they can assist with gathering tournament content
Interns will receive a monthly stipend of $1,250.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.