We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
P3R Operations Intern
P3R is the engine behind Pittsburgh’s greatest races. We strive to inspire any and all to move with us.
Best known for organizing the acclaimed annual DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon, P3R also organizes a variety of other high-quality races, training runs, and health and fitness programs throughout the Pittsburgh region.
The Operations Intern will report to the Operations Manager, and will focus on logistics and operational event planning. A self-starter, active and detail focused individual is sought for this position as the role will focus on P3R events.
Duties and Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Work closely with the Operations Department in logistics and signage planning for all P3R events.
- Coordinate specific projects as assigned by the operations department.
- Assist with signage coordination and management including inventory, tracking, sorting, organizing, researching, and planning for future events.
- Assist in warehouse management, inventory, and overall organization.
- Assist in creating plans, maps, and other documents for specific projects.
- Assist with notifications to venues around the city on the impact of P3R events as well as managing the overall notification listings and tracking.
- Assist in ordering race supplies and equipment including researching new equipment and ideas.
- Assist in developing vendor scope of work plans & mapping.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Open to college sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduates.
- Schedule is flexible, but must be between regular 9AM-5PM business hours.
- Able to work occasional nights and weekends to assist with running events
- All majors welcome.
- Outgoing personality with great attitude, work ethic, and professional demeanor.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong working knowledge of Word & Excel; Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Illustrator and CAD is a plus.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Volunteer or leadership positions held is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proof of full vaccination COVID-19
- All interns will be paid an hourly rate and will work an average of 15 to 20 hours per week depending on schedules and events.