THE JOB / Account Trainee
Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
We are looking for an eager, hard-working trainee to join our team in Dallas, TX! Working as an Account Trainee on the Gulf States Toyota client account will include the responsibilities of event planning logistics, customer service, event analysis, fleet management, administrative document management, and competitive research.
Are you able to prioritize assigned tasks, work under pressure and succeed in a time sensitive environment? Are you not afraid to get your hands dirty? Then this is a great opportunity to learn about the industry as a whole and work events at some amazing venues across a five state gulf region.
This Trainee will be able to work as part of a team and collaborate with various internal divisions, client partners/ vendors, and consumers. Strong team dynamics skills and excellent interpersonal skills are required for this position. You are able to physically set up activations and stand up to 8 hours at a time.
This is a temporary position with full-time hours, including some weekends, and holiday travel/work. The length of this assignment is at minimum, six (6) months. Will you be the next member of our team?
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Work with supervisors and determine on-site execution procedures including checklist of site plans, supplies, communications, merchandise, etc.
- Help execute on-site activities including set-up, registration, engaging the participants/staffing, premium distribution and event breakdown for 20+ events including but not limited to College Football, NBA, MLB, MLS, NASCAR, and festivals.
- Serve as a marketing ambassador and effectively and enthusiastically communicate client brand initiatives and/or product offerings to and with event attendees
- Craft event summaries and market recap documents, including key leanings, strengths, weaknesses and recommendations
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, maintain deadlines, troubleshoot on-site challenges and juggle demands
- Day to day contact with client to ensure needs are being met regarding the fleet and all other marketing efforts
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and stand for 8 hours at a time
- Road travel to event sites in the Gulf States Region (TX, AR, MS, LA and OK)
- Other related duties as assigned
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree
- You have 0-1+ years’ work or internship experience in events or a sports related field
- Someone who is confident, outgoing, engaging and a self-starter
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A great teammate but can also be the QB if needed
- You are excited to plan events then go execute them – watching all your new ideas come to life
- You are comfortable engaging consumers at events with brand knowledge
- You have a strong work ethic and “can do” attitude
- You are a MS Word, Excel and Power Point PRO!
- You have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- You love to road trip, work weekends and nonstandard hours
- You want to get going quickly and grow within the company
Outlyr is a sports and lifestyle marketing agency that specializes in connecting brands with their target consumers through development and execution of engaging events and experiences. Outlyr creates strategic marketing platforms by leveraging its experience in event management, partnership marketing and customer engagement to enhance brand affinity for clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.