Title: Vice President, Localhost
Company: Nerd Street Gamers
Location: NSG Headquarters - Philadelphia, PA
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Supervises: Localhost Staff (various locations)
Status: Full-Time; Salaried; Exempt
EEO: First/Mid-Level Official and Manager
Nerd Street Gamers provides opportunity for gamers to gain experience in competitive esports competitions, and they also are home to a community of like minded amateur competitors. The VP, Localhost is responsible for strategic planning, management and execution of NSG/Localhost retail business and retail partnerships.. This role will build and maintain a high performing retail sales operation that meets or exceeds sales goals while maintaining excellent quality and relationships.
Essential Job Functions:
- Achieve Localhost franchise scalability, sales and profit objectives. Monitor sales analytics and extract knowledge from the data. Motivate and lead the retail team and hold them accountable for results.
- Grow and retain retail talent, hiring the best for business’s needs, improving how they are developed, and guiding the field management in best methods for this.
- Reinforce and expand the retail team’s gamer (customer) outreach practices to drive traffic and increase transactions.
- Ensure that store payroll is managed well and that scheduling of coverage is optimized.
- Maintain a positive and productive relationship with our stores’ host business partners. Be very responsive and open to host feedback.
- Work with HR to schedule field workforce planning reviews. Follow up on planning action items year-round.
- Regularly collaborate with product, marketing, finance, operations, and human resources to ensure product, service, and people are meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Oversee sales incentive/bonus programs with goals aligned to strategic initiatives.
- Drive the development of effective retail training to support Localhost products, services, operations, and culture.
- Ability to travel 35% to 50% of the time
Non Essential Job Functions
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Event Management or a related field. MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience managing retail operations with at least 5 years experience managing a team.
- Extensive knowledge of retail supply chain management
- Experience in inventory management, demand planning and supply chain management
- Experience defining and rolling out systems, processes and organizational design.
- Experience in both large and small organizations. Startup experience preferred (or a startup division within larger enterprise).
- Previously implemented customer service culture..
- Experience in a P&L driven environment.
- Esports industry experience desirable but not necessary.
- Experience with stores-within-stores and pop-up shops is helpful.
Skills and Abilities:
- Superb time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to adapt and scale quickly in a fast moving, high growth environment.
- Sales skills and an aptitude for building productive business relationships.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects independently.
- Ability to meet budgets, timelines, and work in a high pressure environment.
- Proven track record of success in retail management (10+ years).
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead high performance teams of senior managers, and take a proactive approach to business challenges.
- Ability to drive talent initiatives that include a culture of selling, outreach, and follow-up.
- Strong analytical skills, financial aptitude, and attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple priorities at once and work effectively with other functions to ensure deadlines are met.
- Proficient in MS Office or Google Office Applications (Sheets, Slides, Documents).
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership roles; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such as telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.