Title: General Manager
Company: N3rd Street Gamers
Location: Localhost, Various Locations Across Major U.S. Markets
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Supervises: Localhost Staff (on location)
Status: Full-Time; Salaried; Exempt
EEO: First/Mid-Level Official and Manager
N3rd Street Gamers provides opportunity for gamers to gain experience in competitive esports competitions, and they also are home to a community of like minded amateur competitors. The General Manager will oversee all operational aspects of the designated Localhost location, up to and including daily activities, events, and client meetings.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee all operations and daily management of Localhost location.
- Ability to see the “big picture” and meet objectives in all aspects of Localhost daily operations, event planning, design, and production.
- Management of all Localhost activities within time limits and on budget.
- Oversee localized advertising & social media for venue in coordination with corporate marketing efforts
- Responsibility for overall profit/loss of Localhost location.
- Exceptional communication skills to liaise with clients, identify their needs, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Able to conduct market research and gather information.
- Providing clear, well-written periodic reports to stakeholders.
- Able to articulately propose ideas to improve services and event quality.
- Commitment to compliance with all insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations.
- Manage Localhost salaried and hourly staff
- Enthusiasm regarding collaborative work with marketing and PR departments to promote and publicize events.
- Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on the event day.
- Follow-through and willingness to conduct pre-and post-event evaluations, reporting on the outcomes.
- Research skills to identify revenue generating opportunities, understand the market, and generate interest.
- Thorough understanding of crisis management.
- Ability to negotiate contracts.
- Customer centric focus with ability to act as an ambassador for Localhost brand.
Non Essential Job Functions:
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS in Business Management, Marketing, Event Management or a related field.
- Significant customer service experience.
- 5-7 years experience managing people.
- Experience in a P&L driven environment.
- Food & Beverage experience a plus.
- Impressive client references.
Skills and Abilities:
- Superb time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Management and organizational skills needed to oversee facilities and manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
- Sales skills and an aptitude for building productive business relationships.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects independently.
- Ability to meet budgets, timelines, and work in a high pressure environment.
- Proficient in MS Office or Google Office Applications (Sheets, Slides, Documents).
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership roles; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such as telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.