Title: Vice President, Finance
Company: N3rd Street Gamers
Location: NSG Headquarters - Philadelphia, PA
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Supervises: Accounting & Finance team (1-2 individuals)
Status: Full-Time; Salaried; Exempt
EEO: First/Mid-Level Official and Manager
N3rd Street Gamers provides opportunity for gamers to gain experience in competitive esports competitions, and they also are home to a community of like minded amateur competitors. The VP, Finance is responsible for strategic financial planning, management and budget forecasting for all NSG verticals.. This role will build and maintain a strategic F&A function that meets or exceeds the expectations of leadership and investors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads the development and implementation of company goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and policies and procedures.
- Strategic partner to senior leadership that will drive accelerated growth for investors and shareholders.
- Monitors compliance with all provisions of GAAP and creates internal controls for effective financial policies and procedures.
- Assist in quarterly budget planning for company/individual departments.
- Oversee weekly cost allocation by department (including payroll, other expenses).
- Oversees and/or prepares month end closing.
- Reviews and executes all checks and deposits; reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements.
- Develop and implement event settlement procedures including payments to contractors, compile all financial info in order to prepare all financial statements.
- Oversee bi-weekly payroll processing along with SIMPLE IRA payments.
- Prepare appropriate state and local tax returns to be filed timely.
- Facilitate, along with senior leadership, in preparing financial statements for the Board of Directors, and other financial reports, including monthly, quarterly and annual statements. May include duties surrounding convertible notes/investors.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation (fixed assets management), cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Analyzes financial performance and cost analyses for all departments; prepares monthly financial statements, recommends appropriate actions in order to meet business goals.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Non Essential Job Functions:
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS in Finance and/or Accounting. MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in public accounting and/or financial management as department head managing F&A operations w/5 years experience managing a team.
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP.
- Experience in financial planning & analysis.
- Experience defining and rolling out systems, processes.
- Experience in both large and small organizations. Startup experience preferred (or a startup division within larger enterprise).
- Previously experience with implementing accounting systems preferred.
- Experience in a P&L driven environment.
- Esports industry experience desirable but not necessary.
Skills and Abilities:
- Superb time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to adapt and scale quickly in a fast moving, high growth environment.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects independently.
- Ability to meet budgets, timelines, and work in a high pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead high performance teams of senior managers, and take a proactive approach to business challenges.
- Ability to “tell the story” beyond the numbers and convey impact at a high level.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
- Must pass background and credit check per guidelines
- Experience with ADP payroll, and Xero accounting preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, financial aptitude, and attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple priorities at once and work effectively with other functions to ensure deadlines are met.
- Proficient in MS Office or Google Office Applications (Sheets, Slides, Documents).
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership roles; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such as telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.