Title: Event Operations Coordinator, Pan-American Masters Games
Direct Report: Director of Events, 2024 Pan-American Masters Games
Summary: The Event Operations Coordinator will focus on the successful planning and execution of the 2024 Pan-American Masters Games. This position will be a key piece of the Sports & Operations team, with primary focus on event operations including collaborating with all competition and non-competition venues to ensure a stellar experience for athletes participating in the Games. Secondary responsibilities related to other events hosted by the Greater Cleveland Sports Commission.
Contract Duration: June 2023 – August 2024
- Assist Director of Events with operations and logistics planning, including venue management, equipment procurement and management, transportation, security, medical services and permitting.
- Develop signage plan with input from all departments.
- Develop hospitality plan with input from all departments.
- Lead efforts to design, source, order and manage delivery and distribution of athlete medals.
- Source and manage other equipment including purchasing, storage, and delivery.
- Serve as day-to-day point of contact and project manager for an identified group of PAMG 2024 competition venues.
- Lead project management efforts across specific group of venues, conducting venue related analysis and ensuring venue preparation completed for the Games.
- Coordinate venue related meetings, including preparation of meeting materials, recording of meeting notes, and identification of action items.
- Assist in recruitment and management of temporary event staff & interns.
- Work collaboratively and communicate efficiently with all departments within PAMG team to ensure proper planning and execution of logistics for the Games.
- Assist Greater Cleveland Sports Commission with event management tasks for additional GCSC hosted events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Significant internship experience or I-year full time position.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- A collaborative mindset: someone who prioritizes the team and fosters a culture of high performance without ego.
- Self-directed with outstanding follow through.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communication, team building, and interpersonal skills.
- Positive and solutions-oriented outlook.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must be flexible and resourceful.
- Discretion in handling and communicating sensitive information.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- Possible domestic travel to similar events for research/recruitment.
- Position is full-time salaried (exempt).
- Includes health, vision, dental, disability and 401k benefits plus paid sick and vacation time.
- Position ends after Pan-American Masters Games is complete – August, 2024.
- Position is based in Cleveland, Ohio
About Greater Cleveland Sports Commission
Greater Cleveland Sports Commission serves to measurably improve the economy and enrich the community by attracting, creating, managing and enhancing significant sporting and competitive events. GCSC’s events drive tourism to Greater Cleveland which supports the local economy, while we also use sports as a vehicle to forward important community agendas. Our goal is to produce events that are more successful in Cleveland than in other cities. Since 2000, Greater Cleveland Sports Commission has been responsible for attracting over 210 sporting events which have provided more than $860M in economic impact to Northeast Ohio.
About the 2024 Pan-American Masters Games:
Pan-American Masters Games is a multisport event expected to be the largest international gathering in Northeast Ohio’s history bringing over 10,000 athletes from more than 50 countries along with thousands of spectators, family, and friends. PAMG is estimated to provide over $18 million in direct spending into the local economy. Held every four years in the Americas, PAMG is an Olympic-like sports festival for athletes over 30 years old. Athletes from all over the world will participate in nearly 30 medal-contending sports with the emphasis on active aging and internationalism.
Greater Cleveland Sports Commission values a diverse and inclusive work environment where every voice matters. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.