"Taste of Charlotte" Event Operations Internship with FanGate Solutions
FanGate Solutions is a customer service driven company here to provide live entertainment and sports venues with a professional team of trained event day staff. Our philosophy is to treat our client’s fans like our own with a knowledgeable, reliable, and fan friendly team. We are looking for eager, highly motivated, and friendly individuals aspiring to work in the sports and entertainment industry and are willing to travel.
As an event operations staff team member for FanGate Solutions, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in sales, marketing, operations setup/tear down as well as daily operations in special events. Event operations staff will receive training on: giving top notch customer service to exceed our client’s expectations and increase fans overall experience, as well as venue information.
This position is for one event based in Charlotte, NC. Would you like to experience working at an exciting local major event? We provide staffing for Taste of Charlotte on June 8th - 11th. Team members will be performing the following positions: Event Setup/Tear Down, Vendor Check-in, Food and Beverage Attendants and Coin Booth Operators.
Vendor Setup: set up…hanging signage/ setting up fencing/ distributing fire extinguishers to generators/ passing out electrical cords/ confirming booth rentals/ distributing fridges to booths.
Vendor Check-in: Some may be located at vendor entrances along Tryon Street….checking in vendors and pointing them to their spot. Other staff will be onsite along the streets to help get them to their exact spot, also mark it on the street with duck tape. You’ll have a vendor list and maps.
Food and Beverage Attendants: Making wine slushies and keeping them going throughout the day…solo project but you’ll be in the Wine Cellar with nonprofit volunteers who will be serving/ selling.
Serving & making beer, soda, wine, slushies and popcorn w/ other TOC staff.
Coin Booth Attendants: Accepting both cash and credit cards on iPads with square.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as assigned by managers
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Willing to commute to Charlotte, NC on June 8th - 11th
- Ability to work untraditional hours including weekends and evenings
- College student majoring in advertising, marketing, sport management, or related fields is a plus
- Eager to start & build a career in sports and live entertainment
- Ability to deliver exceptional service by anticipating the guests’ needs and resolving issues in a timely and professional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills that complement a team-oriented work ethic
- Must be neat and presentable at all times
- Must be 18 years of age or older with at least a high school diploma or GED
Duration and Pay:
Work event on June 8th - 11th in Charlotte, NC. This is a paid events position for work during actual events at $12/hour.
3pm – 9pm
10:30am – 11:15pm
7am – 11:30pm
5pm – 10pm
8am – 11:30pm
10:30am – 11:15pm
3pm – 10pm
9am – 6:30pm
10:30am – 6:15pm
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.