California United Strikers FC is Orange County’s newest professional sports team. The club is based inRancho Santa Margarita and plays its home games at the Championship Soccer Stadium in Irvine, CA. With a stable and ambitious ownership group driving the project, California United Strikers FC became the inaugural West Coast Champion of the newly formed National Independent Soccer Association (NISA). NISA is officially sanctioned by the US Soccer Federation as a Division III professional league.
The club is now looking to build upon its strong foundation as NISA and professional soccer continues its impressive ascension into the US professional sports landscape. To help achieve its objectives, California United Strikers FC is now recruiting for the position of Director, Ticket Sales & Service to join the team’s growing front office.
California United Strikers FC is based in a soccer hotbed. Whether it be participation numbers at the youth level, the sophistication of the soccer fan, viewership of global football, or simply the sheer quality of play, soccer in Orange County is hot! The mandate of the Director, Ticket Sales & Service will be to translate this interest in the market into paying fans and supporters of the club.
DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Responsible for developing and implementing a selling strategy to maximize ticket revenue
- Lead, manage and mentor a small team of ticket sales reps and a ticket operations/box office manager
- Creation of a compelling and relevant ticket product mix including group products, subscription products, fundraising and theme day packages to increase selling opportunities and drive match day revenue
- Drive ticket revenue through prospecting new fans, generating referrals and leads, cold calling, emailing, social selling and face to face appointments
- Personally deliver a high volume of sales calls and productivity while also coaching the more junior sales staff
- Implement a process to establish, monitor and reach sales quotas and targets for all staff
- Investigate and establish an appropriate CRM system to track activities in the sales pipeline
- Understand and research market situations, competition, opportunities, industry trends, best
practices and fan/supporter feedback to continually improve on fan development efforts
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly and yearly tracking and reporting on all ticketing activities
- Ensure the match day experience and customer service is best in class for all fans and supporters; must place a strong focus to retention and renewal of existing clients
- Maintain close and constant communication with the business development/partnership team to exploit any cross promotional or group ticketing opportunities
- Work in collaboration with all other departments and perform other assigned duties as required
- Documented success managing the ticket sales process within a professional sports or major collegiate sports environment
- Demonstrated success selling tickets within a professional sports or events environment
- Independent worker who is intrinsically motivated with a high degree of initiative
- Possesses outstanding verbal and written communication skills with a strong ability to network
- A passion for the sport and an understanding of the Orange County soccer market is preferred
- High degree of professionalism and outstanding customer service skills
- Knowledge of ticket operations software (i.e. TicketSocket, TicketMaster, Archtics, etc) a bonus
- Ability to work non-traditional office hours (i.e. match days, weekend tournaments, evenings,
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.