The Badlands Big Sticks was established in 2018 as a founding member of the Expedition League. This internship will run from mid-May through mid-August. The Big Sticks will host 32 home games with an average of 700 fans attending per game. All interns will receive a $1,000 stipend and have housing provided. Preference will be given to applicants that are receiving college credit.
In addition to position responsibilities, each intern will help in preparing and maintaining the ballpark during the season as well as participate in Big Stick-related events and office hours.
- Duties will include: operating main concession stand, kiosks, and hospitality areas
- Supervise and train concession employees, up to 35 employees
- Oversee coordination, logistics, setup, and take down of main concession stand, kiosks, and hospitality areas
- Assist with team and intern meals
- Assist with managing and scheduling of employees
- Assist with food/beverage orders and preparation, on average for 500 people up to 1200 people
- Maintain inventory and ordering
- Manage and operate point of sale system
- Assist with menu development and advertising
- Oversee cleanliness of main concession stand, kiosks, and hospitality areas
- Other duties as assigned
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to work in a team setting and individually
- Good organizational skills
- Good time management skills
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and follow instructions from multiple supervisors
- Ability to work long hours in a fast-paced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.