Golden Gate Fields a bay area landmark since 1941. Is now looking for a Sous Chef. We are looking for an outstanding individual who shares our passion for serving our customers and employees. Our people and their commitment to customer service are what set us apart. We believe in empowering you to make great decisions and judgment calls. The ideal Sous Chef is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
The Sous Chef position has primary responsibility for the successful operation of all aspects of the culinary department, including oversight of all food menus, specialty and event menus, culinary operating procedures, delivery of standards and presentations within corporate guidelines. In addition, the Executive Sous Chef is responsible for food cost ratio, culinary labor cost, organization, and scheduling of the culinary department, working with the front-of-house team on execution of service, food safety, hygiene as well as food-related communications
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
· Adhere to Golden Gate Field standards for guest service.
· Assist in developing and implementing new recipes and menus.
· Able to create high quality food production on a consistent basis.
· Interface with the Venue & Events Manager regarding menu development and daily activities.
· Interface with Kitchen staff to manage food quality, preparation, and presentation.
· Ensure high and consistent quality of all menu items both in preparation and presentation: ensure that recipes are followed; check the taste and texture of dishes before meal service; ensure that all presentations are to the specifications for each dish.
· Oversee the operations of all kitchen outlets.
· Follow Sanitary Guidelines in order to maintain the highest possible rating from the Health Department on a regular basis.
· Report and document any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures to management immediately.
· Participate in special projects and public relations duties as necessary.
· Communicate with the Engineering/Plant department as needed regarding smooth operation of equipment.
· Assist the management with inventories, ordering, and cross training as needed.
· Assist with covering any stations or duties in the absence of a team member through delegation.
· Perform other job-related duties as directed.
· Adhere to annual budgets pertinent to culinary operation.
· Minimum two years’ experience as Sous Chef preferably in the local market within a luxury hospitality setting.
· Able to develop and maintain good working relationships with all levels of GGF management, staff, vendors, guests and government agencies.
· Good guest service skills.
· Strong team player and proven leadership skills.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Food sanitation certificate required.
· Working knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Exercise good judgment and able to maintain confidentiality.
· Able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
· Highly flexible. available to work any day, and/or schedule.
· Able to keep a balanced approach and cool head under stress or in an emergency.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ENVIRONMENT: Standard kitchen
FINGER DEXTERITY: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Medium to heavy work; requiring stooping and exerting up to 50 lbs. of force lifting, carrying, and or packing food resources.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.