Golden Gate Fields a Bay Area landmark since 1941. We are looking for outstanding individuals who share our passion for horse racing and serving our customers and employees. Our people and their commitment to customer service are what set us apart. We believe in empowering you to make great decisions and judgment calls. Come join our team!
The OnCall Server delivers food to guests and employees. Must have knowledge of food sanitation, safety, housekeeping procedures and accepted food service techniques. Must be familiar with high standards of presentation and customer service.
Compensation: 15.50 per hour
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Maintain a sanitary work environment.
- Maintain the dining room in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Complete opening & closing duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of the Turf Club Menu items, specials, daily soups and buffet items and pricing.
- Working knowledge of non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks available to patrons.
- Work with busser to maintain a clean and proper condiment bus station.
- Accurately set tables for the patrons.
- Maintain necessary tools and equipment in service station areas for complete shift function
- Listen to customer complaints and resolve them when possible.
- Maintain a clean and well stocked service station. Report shortages of stock or equipment to your manager.
- Inspect tables, chairs, and floor surfaces to ensure they are clean and in good repair. Report defects to your manager.
- Provide timely, efficient, and courteous service to clientele.
- Present and explain menu to guests.
- Inform guest of daily specials.
- Take food and/or beverage order.
- Assemble food order and carry-on tray to table.
- Serve Order to patrons and serve specialty dishes at table as required.
- Stay on floor to ensure clientele satisfaction beyond station boundaries.
- Clear tables between courses. Remove dirty dishes and silverware.
- Assist co-workers to ensure smoothness of operations, including bussing, as necessary.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Close station at the end of the day. Fill sugar bowl and salt and pepper shakers.
- Perform accurate cash transactions.
- Complete Closing paperwork, drop correct bank with the Cash Office in a timely manner at the close of every shift.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must be over 18.
- Ability to follow instructions and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work well with others at all times.
- Dependability and trustworthiness.
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Knowledge of menu and bar items and their prices.
- Knowledge of POS system.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:(The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ENVIRONMENT: Standard Concession Stand
FINGER DEXTERITY: Requires typing on standard POS system.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Medium to heavy work; requiring stooping and exerting up to 25 lbs.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English, bilingual welcome. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.