Golden Gate Fields a bay area landmark since 1941. Is now looking for a Lead Line Cook. We are looking for an outstanding individual who shares our passion for serving our customers and employees. Our people and their commitment to customer service are what set us apart. We believe in empowering you to make great decisions and judgment calls. The ideal Cook is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
The Lead Line Cook prepares food for guests and employees. Must have knowledge of food sanitation, safety, housekeeping procedures and accepted food service techniques. Must be familiar with preparation of choice foods, high standards of presentation.
Compensation: $22/hour per hour
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Expediting orders from each of the stations on the line.
- Assembling orders on trays for runners, bussers, and servers to pick up.
- Works as the liaison between the line cooks and the front of the house staff.
- Monitors portions and plating before items go in the floor.
- Deliver exceptional customer service by preparing food items consistently and adhering to all recipe standards.
- Maintain a safe working environment by using proper food handling skills and safety guidelines.
- Complete kitchen tasks such as line setup, food preparation, plate presentation, and cleanup\
- Ensure complete cleanliness and sanitation.
- Ensures compliance with outlined safety procedures.
- Removes trash and places it in designated containers.
- Helps load and unload supplies and product.
- Minimum of 2-year experience in food service/hospitality desired, but not required.
- Ability to work well with others, at all times.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and coworkers in a team-oriented environment.
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs that will include weekends and holidays.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ENVIRONMENT: Standard kitchen
FINGER DEXTERITY: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Medium to heavy work; requiring stooping and exerting up to 25 lbs. of force lifting, carrying, and or packing food resources.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English, bilingual welcome. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.