Golden Gate Fields a bay area landmark since 1941. Is now looking for a Lay Assistant . We are looking for an outstanding individual who shares our passion for serving our customers and employees, who is comfortable educating customers on the services GGF offers. Our people and their commitment to customer service is what sets us apart. We believe in empowering you to make great decisions and judgment calls. The ideal Lay Assistant is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
Lay Assistant position is to assist with completing horse registration and tracking.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Tester of horses placing a cup to catch urine from horses that have been selected to be tested in the receiving barn after races
- Help fill out paperwork of tested horses that come to the receiving barn
- Check horses’ microchips to verify they are the correct animal and record that information
- Fill and clean water buckets
- Tend to wash rack and hose down horses that come back to the receiving barn and sponge down horses’ heads
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Required Education Level: HS Diploma Preferred
- Required or Preferred Previous Job Experience: Horse Racing Knowledgeable
- Experienced with horses and CHRB rules: CHRB License Required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Interpersonal skill.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent Organizational skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ENVIRONMENT: Standard Office / Racing Track
FINGER DEXTERITY: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Medium to heavy work; requiring stooping and exerting up to 50 lbs. of force lifting, carrying, and or packing.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.