Golden Gate Fields a bay area landmark since 1941. Is now looking for a Cashier. We are looking for an outstanding individual who shares our passion for serving our customers. Our people and their commitment to customer service are what set us apart. We believe in empowering you to make great decisions and judgment calls. The ideal Stable Café Cashier is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Ring up customer purchases
- Maintain the Stable Café in a clean and orderly fashion insuring a sanitary work environment.
- Maintain necessary tools and equipment in service station area for complete shift function
- Listen to customer complaints and resolve them when possible.
- Maintain a clean and well stocked service station. Report shortages of stock or equipment to your manager.
- Provide timely, efficient, and courteous service to clientele.
- Stay on floor to ensure clientele satisfaction beyond station boundaries.
- Close out cash register at the end of the day.
- Working knowledge of POS system.
- Ability to follow instructions and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work well with others at all times.
- Dependability and trustworthiness.
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Knowledge of buffet items and their prices.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ENVIRONMENT: Standard kitchen / restaurant
FINGER DEXTERITY: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Medium to heavy work; requiring stooping and exerting up to 10 lbs. of force lifting, carrying, and or packing food resources.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.