Golden Gate Fields a bay area landmark since 1941. Is now looking for a Valet . We are looking for an outstanding individual who shares our passion for serving our customers and employees, who is comfortable educating customers on the services GGF offers. Our people and their commitment to customer service is what sets us apart. We believe in empowering you to make great decisions and judgment calls. The ideal Valet is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
The primary role of the Barback is to offer comprehensive inventory control assistance and exceptional customer service to both bars and patrons.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Maintain a sanitary work environment.
- Complete opening & closing duties as assigned, including but not limited to cleaning of bar area and equipment, empty trash and recycling containers and restock glassware.
- Set up all bars; ensure all bars are stocked in adequate supply for the entire day.
- Stock ice, wine, beer bottles in the bar cooler
- Slice, cut, and pit fruit and all garnishing for drinks.
- Prior to opening inspect bar for cleanliness, neatness, and orderliness.
- Familiarize yourself with the menus of other bars and food stands.
- Serve mixed drinks, beers, sodas, etc. in the designated cups with a minimum of waste.
- Control bar inventory following proper pouring procedures.
- Complete and return a product requisition for your station each shift. Understand requisition and stock delivery procedure of orders.
- Ensure all stock is put away in cabinets under & over bar counter. Lock & secure all cabinet doors. Refrigerate all juices, creams, garnishes, & other perishable items in proper containers to minimize waste and spoilage.
- Must be over 21.
- Cash bar experience
- Bartender training and knowledge of drink recipes, portions, etc.
- Understanding of the laws governing the service of alcoholic beverages
- Thorough understanding of basic inventory control and food service sanitation principles
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ENVIRONMENT: Standard Kitchen / Restaurant BAR
FINGER DEXTERITY: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Medium to heavy work; requiring stooping and exerting up to 50 lbs. of force lifting, carrying, and or packing.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.