Golden Gate Fields a bay area landmark since 1941. Is now looking for a Security Guards. (Firearm Permit preferred but not required) Our Security Guards should foster and support a safe environment. We are looking for an outstanding individual who shares our passion for serving our customers and employees, ensuring the safety of all. Our people and their commitment to customer service are what set us apart. We believe in empowering you to make great decisions and judgment calls. The ideal Security Guard is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
A Security Officer has the responsibility of providing a safe and secure environment for the guests and team members of Golden Gate Fields.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Observes and reports and/or halts any violation of CHRB/Racetrack rules and regulations, or violations of federal, state, and local laws.
- Utilizes radio communications, effects detentions, and makes arrests when appropriate to ensure safety of track patrons.
- COVID policy enforcement.
- Responds to direction of the Public Safety Manager, or any other member of the Executive Management Team.
- Knows emergency evacuation procedures and knows the location and function of all emergency equipment. Makes periodic fire hose and extinguisher checks, as necessary.
- Checks for and reports any safety hazard.
- Observes tellers, ATMs, mutual machine attendants, and other money handling locations for signs of any assistance needed.
- At all times, is a courteous, professional, responsive, and well-groomed point of contact for track patrons in need of assistance or information.
- Provides escort for any patron or employee so requesting.
- Provides constant foot patrol of assigned areas, serving as an observer, customer service provider, and visual deterrent to illegal activity.
- Ensures barred entry to or removal of patrons bringing alcohol, coolers, or illegal substances to the track.
- Ensures continued bar of patrons known to be banned from track facilities.
- Ensures that patrons do not move chair and other track property from their assigned areas.
- Ensures that patrons do not damage track property.
- Keeps stairs and all regular and emergency exits open and clear.
- Observes money transport vehicles’ approach, entry, and departure and provides armed security to prevent and show obvious deterrent to robbery of same.
- Guard Card Required. Firearm Permit required for Armed positions
- Professional demeanor and appearance,
- Team player demonstrating flexibility and ability to cope with last minute demands.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, computer).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Environment: Standard office & Outside
Finger dexterity: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Medium to heavy work; requiring stooping and exerting up to 25 lbs. of force lifting, carrying, and or packing food resources.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.