POSITION: Manager, National Event Operations
DEPARTMENT: 1/ST LIVE
REPORTS TO: Vice President, National Events
DATES EFFECTIVE: Current
LOCATION: Hallandale Beach, FL (Gulfstream Park - 1/ST EXPERIENCE Corporate Office)
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
1/ST is a world-class racing and gaming operator, entertainment curator and real estate development company. As the largest racing and wagering company in North America, we process over $13B in annual wagers, connect with 5M customers and host some of the largest racing events in the world.
1/ST EXPERIENCE, the consumer facing branch of 1/ST, blends the worlds of sports, entertainment and hospitality through innovative content development, elevated national and local venue management and hospitality, strategic partnerships, sponsorships, and procurement development.
1/ST EXPERIENCE focuses on guest experience, venue management, venue operations and asset development to elevate the customer experience at and beyond 1/ST’s Thoroughbred racetrack venues in California, Florida and Maryland while supporting the company’s 1/ST RACING, 1/ST CONTENT, 1/ST TECHNOLOGY and 1/ST PROPERTIES businesses. 1/ST EXPERIENCE creates year-round, vibrant entertainment experiences for 1/ST venues and signature platforms including, the Pegasus World Cup at Gulfstream Park in South Florida and the legendary Preakness Stakes and InfieldFest in Baltimore, Maryland.
The Manager, National Event Operations will be responsible for overseeing strategy and execution of marquee events across 1/ST properties. This role is critical in the planning and execution of assigned festivals, concerts, and events. They work with cross functional teams to create the vision for the event and manage the team that is responsible for bringing the event to life. This position is not a remote position and is based in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL area. Our ideal candidate is a problem solver, with a sense of urgency for projects big and small.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Partner with key events team (Vendors, Talent, Site Production, FOH Operations, BOH Operations, Stage Production, Experience Team, Finance Lead, Marketing, and select ancillaries) to produce the highest quality events in the industry
- Ability to create budget and then manage all production related department heads with planning and spending per budget
- Work with CAD designer to create event layout and/or site maps
- Manage production managers who in turn oversee consumer facing areas to ensure best and safest experiences for all parties, both internal and external
- Oversee execution of entire events including but not limited to event timelines, status documents, weekly calls, stage run of shows
- Oversee and ensure all event permits are obtained
- Partner with local agencies in planning phase and throughout event. Must coordinate group all hands meetings to include these agencies and key operational leads
- Oversee event capacities and ensure safety and comfort of headliners are always considered while also creating best possible experience
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with all 1/ST Venue department leads
- Administer weekly team event meetings, creating agendas, circulating notes
- Lead strategy and concept development for event activations, including but not limited to creating event overview decks by working with graphic designers
- 3-5 years’ experience in live event planning and producing
- Proven ability to manage teams for planning and building large-scale events
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google Suites required
- CAD, Photoshop, Vectorworks a plus
- Must employ a “roll of your sleeves” mentality
Licenses, Certifications, Registration: Requires a General Occupational (Slot) License (Located at Casino, mandatory for all employees)
Location: Gulfstream Park, 901 S. Federal Highway, Hallandale Beach, FL
Hours: Monday to Friday / 9-6pm generally. Hours may be flexible. Occasionally, some weekends and events may be required that fall out of this typical work week to meet business needs.