About the Role
Manager, Experiential & Events will be responsible for implementing strategy and execution of marquee events across 1/ST properties. This role is critical in the planning and execution of producing some of the largest racing and entertainment experiences in sports. This role will work with cross functional departments to support the vision for the event and bring the experience to life. This position is not a remote position and is based in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL area. Our ideal candidate is a problem solver who takes pride in producing best in class experiences.
1/ST is a world-class racing and gaming operator, entertainment curator and real estate development company. As the largest racing and wagering company in North America, we connect with 5M customers and host some of largest racing events in the world. We have venues in high profile markets across the country including South Florida, Los Angeles, Northern California, and the Baltimore-DC area.
- Foster collaboration across all business units (Racing, Gaming, Technology, Operations) to maximize the potential of 1/ST events as a valuable enterprise wide asset and effectively contribute to the broader organizational objectives.
- Work with key partners (Vendors, Talent, Site Production, Sponsors, Operations, Stage Production, Catering, Marketing) to produce the highest quality events in the industry
- Collaborate with live TV production teams to integrate experiences and programming into nationally televised live broadcasts.
- Ability to create budget and then manage all planning and spending per budget.
- Develop experiential activations, overseeing conceptualization, fabrication and on site execution
- Work with CAD designer to create event layout and site maps
- Create event overview decks, event timelines, status documents, event run of shows, event recaps
- Administer weekly team event meetings, creating agendas, circulating notes
- Assist in talent booking, contributing to artist procurement pre event to on site artist logistics and hospitality during event day
- Monitor competitive trends in the event business; identify and target emerging new marketing and experiential trends
- Research vendors, suppliers, etc. offering new technologies or approaches
- 2-4 years experience in live event planning and producing events preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google Suites required
- Proficiency in CAD, Photoshop, Vectorworks a plus
- Must employ a “roll of your sleeves” mentality
- Experience working with global brands on experiential activations a plus
- Business acumen needed for interacting with corporate clients and company executives that coincides with the ability to work with production teams (from clients to vendors, artist managers, venue staff, etc.)